Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Flywheel for 2.8i V6
ChrisW

posted on 29/4/03 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
Flywheel for 2.8i V6

Got a 2.8 v6 cologne engine from a Granny but it was an auto and hence has all sorts of flexi-plate things instead of a proper flywheel. Easy I thought, I've got plenty hanging around in the garage - one will be suitable. Hmm... turns out it's not as easy as that as the fixings are different to all the other Ford engines I've ever played with.

So... anyone know if this is because the engine is auto or just a Cologne characteristic? Anyone got a flywheel they can sell me?

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr G

posted on 29/4/03 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Plenty of 2.8 flywheels or just flywheels? Loads of 24v 2.9 auto conversions to manual boxes using 2.8/2.9 flywheels going on. You can use 2.0l clutches on the 2.8 flywheel also. I'm no flywheel/clutch expert though!

The boys over at the xr4x4/4i XROC forums will be able to enlighted you an every aspect of v6 bits. If you don't want to sign up i'll post if you want

Cheers G

http://www.interford.co.uk/forums/

ChrisW

posted on 29/4/03 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
Plenty of Ford flywheels (obviously none from a 2.8i tho). Couple of X flow ones, CVH, Valencia and some oddments I'm not sure of the origin.

I'll nip over to the forum you mention and have a word.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Viper

posted on 29/4/03 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
I got one of those....
Whats it worth?

Hippys Bird

posted on 29/4/03 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps.

Hippysub.

It is better to be mad and know it than to be sane and have ones doubts

ChrisW

posted on 29/4/03 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Viper
I got one of those....
Whats it worth?

What are you asking for? Have you got a clutch/bellhousing/gearbox to go with it?

Chris

My gaff my rules

Viper

posted on 29/4/03 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Clutch is there though i can't say if its any good. just sold the box/bellhousing,
If you are still looking for a rack, buy mine and i will throw in the flywheel and clutch assy..

ChrisW

posted on 29/4/03 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Chris,
How about £30 and you pick it up..

Ok... the lot for £30 if you'll keep hold of it 'til pay day (15th May) Unless you're coming to Stoneleigh that is?

Chris

My gaff my rules

Viper

posted on 29/4/03 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure about Stonleigh but keeping it is not a problem. ( I won't be able to get it off of the car before the weekend anyway).

Liam

posted on 29/4/03 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Darn - too late! I have one too.

I do have the V6 ally bellhousing and a clutch release arm and bearing. I assume you will need those too. You can have them! Oh and I think you'll need the spigot bearing from the crank if you can get it out.

I also have a gearbox - the only snag being it's a type-9 4x4. I've remember hearing (here i think) there are issues with input shaft length between V6 and 4-banger type-9 gearboxes - you may need a V6 type-9 box. If that's the case (and you can't find one) the front half of my type-9 4x4 box is the same as a RWD, so you could have that and stick on the rear half of any old type-9.

Not really sure about all that input shaft length stuff though.

Liam

Liam

posted on 29/4/03 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Oh yeah - will the starter motor be the same. If not I have the manual starter motor for the 2.8.

Yo

ChrisW

posted on 29/4/03 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
You can have them!

That's what I like to hear! You going to Stoneleigh? If not I may well be passing Bedford on Thursday with a big trailer

Chris

[Edited on 29/4/03 by ChrisW]

My gaff my rules

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.