Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Modifying Rover v8 5-speeder
Scooby

posted on 9/8/06 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Modifying Rover v8 5-speeder

Hi Guys,

A slightly strange question I know but..........

Has anyone modified an SD1 gear-box extension housing so it moves the gear-stick forward (towards the front of the car) and not backward as normal???

If it can be/has been done can anyone supply details/pictures???

Cheers

Paul (Notts)

posted on 9/8/06 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
someone posted pics a while back of how they cut the extension and shortend it - or you can use the extension and gear stick from a LDV or some thing like that because they used the same gearbox but a very short extension

Paul

Donners90

posted on 9/8/06 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
As Paul says, the Sherpa remote is MUCH shorter than the SD1 version. Pic below is what I have in my Viento. Rescued attachment sherpa remote.JPG
Rescued attachment sherpa remote.JPG

rusty nuts

posted on 9/8/06 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Some manual Jaguars had an extension that is between the LDV and the SDI in legnth. Used on Marcos Mantula. Think they were fitted to 2.8 XJ6 as standard
v8kid

posted on 10/8/06 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
Done just this inmy TR7 when I moved the engine back 13". Cut the ally extension so that the spiggot of the gearstick connected directly into the cranked ball joint on the selector shaft.

I had to weld a ally plate on the front of the shortened extension but could not get my MIG to ally weld. Ended up using that solder stuff Frost sell - fantastic. Been using in competition for 2 years now. looks a bit like the Sherpa one except its ally instesd of cast iron.

Go for it - not as confusing as it sounds

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.