Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: stripping zzr1100 carbs
blakep82

posted on 22/11/07 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
stripping zzr1100 carbs

anyone know where to d/l a manual for the carbs? mine arrived today and could obviously do with stripping down and the jets drilled. but i like to read up on these things well in advance.

what i *think* are fuel pipes seem to have loads of take offs at every join. don't really understand that

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

r1_pete

posted on 22/11/07 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
This might help, got it from a similar cry for help. Rescued attachment zzr110 carbs.jpg
Rescued attachment zzr110 carbs.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 22/11/07 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
mine seem to look a bit different! i'll get a picture of mine up later!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

blakep82

posted on 22/11/07 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
here's what i got! £20, so there's bound to be a few things missing

lol! now i see them side by side they're the same!

the heater pipes, are they plumbed into the coolant pipes in the engine? why does it look like the heater and fuel pipes join into a common 'rail'

carb
carb

carb
carb

carb
carb

[Edited on 22/11/07 by blakep82]

trikerneil

posted on 23/11/07 at 03:13 AM Reply With Quote
Have a look HERE for a download.

Might be useful.

Neil

ACE Cafe - Just say No.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Guinness

posted on 23/11/07 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
If you can hang on until after the weekend I can photocopy my Haynes manual and pop the relevant bits in the post to you.

I'm at work at the minute, and the manual is at home!

Mike

r1_pete

posted on 23/11/07 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
Your carbs are the same as in my pic.
The heater pipes connect to the coolant flow, but, discard them for car use, they were used on the bike cos of the draughts created on the bike forced induction - intakes in the fairing.
on carbs 1 & 4 water is on the outside connection, on carbs 2 & 3 its on the inside connection, the other 4 connections (two T's) are fuel.
Yes they look like they are on a common rail, but if you pull the water connection out, you will see the carb drilling goes nowhere, and the brass union you pulled out has an in/out arrangement to warm the blank hole in the carb - sounds daft but thats how it worked, just enough to prevent icing, but just junk all this, nothing to blank off.
The connections between carbs 1&2 and 3&4 seemingly on the same rail is fuel in.
The other two connectors between the same carbs is air in, needs connecting to airbox, or, as on the ZXR750 just a couple of pipes pointing downwards.
Cheers.
Pete.

r1_pete

posted on 23/11/07 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
-- Rescued attachment DSC00598.jpg
Rescued attachment DSC00598.jpg

blakep82

posted on 23/11/07 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
Neil: Thank you for the link! I don't speak russian, but i did manage to find what i was after! Thank you for your help!

Mike: Thanks for the offer! appreciate it, but as above, i've got some copies of it now!

And Pete: Thank you for the diagram! it really clears it up a lot. I gather then, that the pipes round the butterfly side of the carbs are water pipes too?
what do the 2 air pipes do? and do the have to be filtered?

I was considering individual cone filters for the 4 carbs rather than an air box (tight on space really) so could i connect the 2 air pipes together with a T peice, and use one of the small breather filters? or not use a filter at all on them?

r1_pete

posted on 23/11/07 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
Yes just junk all the water pipes, they create hot spots in the carb, there is no 'circulation'.
On the ZXR750 (CVK Carbs too) the air pipes just point downwards, on the zzr they go to the airbox.
You would be better off with an airbox than individual filters, there are ports on the filter side of the carbs which need filtered air too, best to try and get hold of the air filter mounting plate and trumpets, I'll post a pic of that bit....

blakep82

posted on 23/11/07 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
thanks Pete!

what sort of angle are they supposed to be mounted at? or does it not matter?

r1_pete

posted on 23/11/07 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
The carb to float bowl joint should be horizontal, which puts the carbs at about 35 degs.
Here's that pic of the airbox connector.... Rescued attachment airbox bit.jpg
Rescued attachment airbox bit.jpg

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.