Board logo

Where to get or how to make a boot cover
StevieB - 15/6/08 at 06:20 PM

I want a vinyl boot cover for my Indy, and want to find the best place to either get on emade or find out how to make one.

Can anyone make any recomendations (pref in Yorkshire area, unless there's any suppliers who have the right pattern)

COREdevelopments - 15/6/08 at 06:27 PM

bloke on ebay does some for tigers and other kit cars.

rob

COREdevelopments - 15/6/08 at 06:33 PM

heres a linky

ebay

austin man - 15/6/08 at 09:52 PM

If youve got access to a sewing machine its easy, buy the vinyl, a goot strong cotton and some needles for leather, I live in S yorks and did one for the brother in laws Indy and Im not a machinist

RK - 16/6/08 at 02:28 AM

Why not plywood or ally and vinyl/naughahyde over it? Here in the colonies Walmart sells the vinyl for $10 a sq. yard. Can't be that expensive over there either.

StevieB - 16/6/08 at 04:51 PM

I want a proper boot tonneau as it's the easiest and neatest way around the infamouse Indy rear panel join, plus it hies a multitude of other sharp edges that would otherwise be tested at SVA.

I will probably do a plywood boot cover anyway, so that I have somewhere to mount my filler cap.

milson - 16/6/08 at 09:15 PM

hello i do have a template for a mk indy and can make a cover contact me for more info milson.w@ntlworld.com cheers milson

DarrenW - 16/6/08 at 10:01 PM

Doesnt MK supply a GRP one?

StevieB - 17/6/08 at 04:52 PM

can supply a GRP boot box, but it won't fit with the RAC roll bar as the stays go right through the middle.

Actually, I'm sure it could be made to fit with a bit of jiggery pokery, which I may do at some point.

Deckman001 - 19/6/08 at 03:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by milson
hello i do have a template for a mk indy and can make a cover contact me for more info milson.w@ntlworld.com cheers milson

Most excellent !! I e-mailed you via E-bay a while ago, and you said you could make me one from a template and pictures ??

I've nearly got the template finnished so you will get an order for a locost boot cover soon I hope

Jason