Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Le Mans 2023 - 100th Anniversary
yogibear1969

posted on 3/9/22 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
Le Mans 2023 - 100th Anniversary

HI All,
Next year is the 100th Anniversary of the greatest race! Peugeot, Porsche and Ferrara all return to try and beat the incumbents Toyota and Glickenhous. Might even be a Vanwall BBQ lol!
Anyone up for the trip next year, now is the time to start planning....
Edward

DanP

posted on 3/9/22 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
For sure sounds exciting, I went this year for the 90th running of the race, planning on going next year with my daughter but may choose the classic race as I think it might be more interesting for her.

Will keep an eye on whether those entries materialise though as the hypercar class would be much more interesting with more big name teams in it, BMW rumoured to be entering too.

gremlin1234

posted on 3/9/22 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
I have been to Le-Mans 24 many times, but now prefer the Classic, since you can actually get close to the cars.

If I go to the classic, I will undoubtedly go with the TSSC, since they have camping inside the circuit at tertre rouge.

but I also follow
lmcdriversclub.com on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/387385428065010

yogibear1969

posted on 3/9/22 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DanP
For sure sounds exciting, I went this year for the 90th running of the race, planning on going next year with my daughter but may choose the classic race as I think it might be more interesting for her.

Will keep an eye on whether those entries materialise though as the hypercar class would be much more interesting with more big name teams in it, BMW rumoured to be entering too.

How many big names do you want???

For next year: Toyota/Peugeot/Ferrari/Porsche/Caddilac and Glickenhaus....following year all of that PLUS Alpine (reneault), BMW, maybe Acura (honda) and maybe more!

Don't need many big names for Sports cars to be awesome! Thankfully it's nothing like F1!

Edd,

DanP

posted on 3/9/22 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yogibear1969
quote:
Originally posted by DanP

How many big names do you want???

For next year: Toyota/Peugeot/Ferrari/Porsche/Caddilac and Glickenhaus....following year all of that PLUS Alpine (reneault), BMW, maybe Acura (honda) and maybe more!

Don't need many big names for Sports cars to be awesome! Thankfully it's nothing like F1!

Edd,

Sorry maybe I’m being jaded, I just worry that some of those who’ve announced won’t materialise, the Toyotas were so far ahead this year that the hypercar was a little dull, I agree if all those teams show it should be really good!

snapper

posted on 3/9/22 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
When is the time cutoff for this one Edd, I have a lot of things in my diary for my first year of retirement and this could be one of them…

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

yogibear1969

posted on 4/9/22 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,
There isn't really a cutoff yet, it was just a heads up, to myself as much as anyone else....I'll start planning shortly, but usually aim to get ferries and grandstands, if required, booked by December.
Edd

yogibear1969

posted on 4/9/22 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Edd,

>>Sorry maybe I’m being jaded, I just worry that some of those who’ve announced won’t materialise, the Toyotas were so far ahead this year >>that the hypercar was a little dull, I agree if all those teams show it should be really good!

Well, I beg to differ! Toyota were quite hamstrung by the EOT (BOP), to the point that if Alpine had run trouble free, and Glick to a point then Alpine would have been very very close! Look at the recent result at Monza!
I agree that Hypercar has been a bit poor for it's first few years, but not Totally ACO and Toyota's fault!
We may be heading to a golden era though!
Edd

swanny

posted on 5/9/22 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
we were in Tertre Rouge last year much to our surprise.

Just requested the same for next year and booked our ferry crossings. Taking my son next year for the first time (Year 9 at school, so last year without exams for a few years, so now is his chance. Cant wait.

would be great to meet up with fellow locosters there. I'll either be in my new Grinnal Scorpion or my dads GTM spyder as I sold the locost earlier this year

[Edited on 5/9/22 by swanny]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.