Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: de dion
PeterGT4

posted on 16/7/04 at 04:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sgraber
...I am sure that once you see this you can come up with a better solution too...

Yes, its inspired me to investigate this set-up further.

Originally, I was planning to build a De Dion system much like Caterham's (long straight tube, thick aluminum plate ears bolted to welded flanges on the tube, etc...). But I like this system of yours.

quote:
...Also don't miss the image gallery at my website.

Just looked through it now... Great stuff. You have a real cool car!

sgraber

posted on 16/7/04 at 04:51 AM Reply With Quote
Regarding Remote bleeders for the rear calipers...

but there is still the matter of a small pocket of air that remains trapped when the calipers are bolted in place... Wouldn't this always be there even if remote bleeders were used?

[Edited on 7/16/04 by sgraber]

You posted just as I posted... Thanks for the compleements. Building cars sure is fun!

[Edited on 7/16/04 by sgraber]

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
PeterGT4

posted on 16/7/04 at 05:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sgraber
...but there is still the matter of a small pocket of air that remains trapped when the calipers are bolted in place... Wouldn't this always be there even if remote bleeders were used?

Initially upon assembly, possibly and would thus require unbolting to extract every last air pocket. But I'm positive subsequent bleedings afterwards, it shouldn't be a problem as there should always be air-free fluid in there, since that initial bleeding.

mangogroove

posted on 16/7/04 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alainmengoli@hotmail.com
Well I never considered this optoin and after reading the other topic I am convinced. Just want to understand it properly. Correct me if I am wrong. The de dion tube is suspended by four linkage arms connected to the middle of the chassis( actually behing seat) hence good power transfer and less hop!? Plu sit sort of acts as a roll bar ?
Problem is how to connect the de-dion tube to the rear hubs??? I am not building a 7 type and I was going to use X1/9 rear hubs which are basically front hubs. So question is how do I fabricate something to attache the de-dion, calipers, and linkages to the hub. I am sticking with FIat std as I already spent £*** on wheels to suite. I can't think of any other rear wheel drive fiats?!

look in my mangogrooveworkshop photo archive and you will find the pics of the de dion clear as day

You want it when!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.