Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Striker
nickm

posted on 30/8/22 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
MK Striker

Hi Folks

Nothing been posted on here for a while so i thought i would put some info on the forum that i picked up at Newark.
Im looking to build again and im interested in either a Riot or Striker so i asked MK when they would be up and running with there latest purchase and the reply was early next year with probably duratec or hyabusa as engine choices. I know the duratec is quite common but the hyabusa option might push me to the bike engined side.

Nick M

bi22le

posted on 30/8/22 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for letting us know.

I spoke to them soon after they announced the RAW take over and they were unsure of the time scales.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

adithorp

posted on 31/8/22 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
At Stoneleigh this year someone said somebody they knew enquired (not at the show) about a Striker. The replies they got gave them the impression they wanted to sell them an MK and weren't interested in selling Strikers

[Edited on 31/8/22 by adithorp]

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

nickm

posted on 31/8/22 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Adi

The fella with the glasses thats always on the vids etc (assume he is the boss) said that it wasnt going as smoothly as they expected ?

Nick M

obfripper

posted on 31/8/22 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
I was speaking to them at the Llandow ckc trackday in may, they were working on getting things into production but were lacking some of the jigs and fixtures for the chassis and sub assemblies, and they said some of the body moulds were also being repaired, resulting in a limited range of parts for the short term, but should be sorted in the longer term.

I had needed a wishbone last year, and ended up making a jig so i could make a new one and have the capability to replace the other side if required, as at that time they had no timescale for parts at all, so some progress has happened since then.

Dave

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.