Board logo

NEWLANDS CORNER 1st June
donut - 15/5/03 at 02:39 PM

1st person to turn up in a kit car gets a free cup of tea!!!

Andy - the stingey one!!

[Edited on 15/5/03 by donut]

theconrodkid - 15/5/03 at 04:33 PM

thatl be me

donut - 15/5/03 at 05:21 PM

If it is you i'll buy you breakfast too!!! then i'll punch you in the nose for beating me on the road!!!

Andy

theconrodkid - 15/5/03 at 05:39 PM

seing as i have most the parts you need to complete your car de dum de dum de dum

donut - 15/5/03 at 06:04 PM

Oh yeah...erm....er...sorry!!

I'll buy you breckie to make up for it

Findlay234 - 15/5/03 at 07:39 PM

youre way too easy with giving out brekkies here, youre gonna give the rest of us a bad name for being tight!!!!!!

theconrodkid - 15/5/03 at 08:15 PM

its the bos,s privelige to buy all his subjects brecky

donut - 15/5/03 at 08:38 PM

I'm glad you know your place!!!!!!

James - 28/5/03 at 09:14 AM

What time we meeting?

9.30 ok for everyone? I prefer earlier personally as it means more build time afterwards... maybe ....

Cheers,

James

ned - 28/5/03 at 09:25 AM

I should be able to pop along, would be nice to see some cars out!! Hope the party I'm off to on saturday night doesn't go on too long....

ChrisW, you gonna be there? I owe you some money if you remember!

Ned.

donut - 28/5/03 at 09:31 AM

James: 9:30 sounds perfik. Bob should be there too.

Ned: I doubt there will be any cars there unless Merlin or Hicost turn up. John will have to get a real move on if he's to get his there by Sunday........how about it john? recon you can get it done by Sunday?????????

Andy

ned - 28/5/03 at 11:19 AM

nevermind i guess, it's just I'm hankering for a ride in one!!

My engine is stripped now, but looks like it'll need a rebore or resleeving, more time and money. grrrrr.

donut - 28/5/03 at 01:24 PM

You can have a ride in mine but it's a bit slow.........no engine!!!!

Andy

Deckman001 - 28/5/03 at 08:12 PM

I'll be there too, still no car though
On the subject, has anyone got an 18mm tap for the transit ball joint thread in the top wishbone I could borrow, I think the thread in mine are a bit small and need recutting, I'll bring the bits on sun for some professional advice
Cheers
Jason

ned - 29/5/03 at 08:45 AM

donut, you tow and I'll steer

do the brakes work (does it have any?)

donut - 29/5/03 at 11:22 AM

Well it has no brakes (no fluid!) and i have yet to put in the steering column to the rack so that would make one hell of an interesting drive!!

I think i'll keep it in the garage till it's done!

Andy

Jasper - 29/5/03 at 01:30 PM

I could, theoretically drive mine there, but the lack of front wings and no rear indicators might be a bit of a problem!

ned - 29/5/03 at 01:57 PM

yeah, go on jasper, you've got arms for indicators and as far as the front wings go, if you get stopped 'oh, well they were there when i left officer' or something similar, I'm sure you can improvise!

I thought you bought rear light clusters at stoneleigh, or have you not had time to wire them up?

Ned.

[Edited on 29/5/03 by ned]

donut - 29/5/03 at 02:34 PM

Jasper: Did you not ever watch Blue Peter? A couple bit's of cardboard from an old cerial packes and some sticky backed plastic and hey presto....new wings!!!

Andy - the stupid one! D'OH!

Jasper - 29/5/03 at 02:43 PM

Got the wings, it's folding the brackets I'm not looking forward to. Done 1 out of 4 so far, and that took about a hour to get right!

The rest of the car has been put together in good Blue Peter style, don't worry!

Ned, the indicators I bought at Stoneleigh will be on the next visit to the garage, which will probably be Monday am.

I'm getting really close to finishing now, just wanna spend every waking moment out their to get it done while the weather is good. Final jobs are the rear lights, fitting the dash (which is all finished), bolting in seats and harnesses, doing front wings, and lastly bonnet catches and it's done! Then down to my local friendly garage to get the tracking/camber sorted.

ned - 29/5/03 at 03:48 PM

well done jasper, sounds like its progressing very well, can i book in my ride early for july's newlands corner meet?

cheers,

Ned.

Jasper - 29/5/03 at 06:38 PM

Here's hoping - gonna miss this weeks to concentrate on finishing it off.

Deckman001 - 30/5/03 at 08:20 PM

Any one going this sunday able to lend me an M18 tap for the top wish bones
( If I don't ask, what chance have I of gettin)

Jason

James - 31/5/03 at 10:57 AM

quote:

+ I recked the Stack dash in Ireland, this will be back Tuesday.

Sounds pricey!

Or is it under warranty?

James

merlin - 1/6/03 at 08:34 PM

Just carry a can of Red Bull in case you get stopped! If you do get stopped you just drink it! see!!!