Board logo

Rear upright lower bolt
djaques - 1/9/06 at 09:18 AM

Hi all. I have been lurking for a while, but this is my first post here - I think it could be the first of many!

The MK Indy build manual refers to M12 x 235mm HT lower bolts for the rear upright. My kit came with 250mm of threaded bar with Nylocs. I am not really comfortable with loading the threaded bar - shouldn't the loaded part be a plain shank? Did anyone else have this issue? Also, where could I get M12 x 235mm bolts, as I can't find anywhere on the internet that stocks them?

StevieB - 1/9/06 at 09:25 AM

Hello and welcome!

I got the right bolts from MK with my kit, so it might be worth having a word with them and seeing if you can exchange them. Other than that, depending where you are, there's a good nut and bolt supplier near York (Selby Bolt and Nut Co. - does what it says on the tin). I use them regularly for all my fixings - they should be able to help.

whitestu - 1/9/06 at 10:05 AM

I'm sure they should be bolts. Threaded bar ins't usually HT - Give MK a call to make sure.

If they weren't in the kit they should send them to you.

Stu

Bluemoon - 1/9/06 at 10:07 AM

Yep should be 8.8 bolts, but if it's 8.8 threaded rod i suppose is should be o.k.

Are you sure that the treaded rod is not for the diff?

Dan

djaques - 1/9/06 at 10:40 AM

Thanks for the prompt replies!

I have three pieces of 250mm threaded rod, but no 235mm bolts. I assumed that two of these are intended for the uprights, and one for the diff. I will give MK a call.

mackei23b - 4/9/06 at 08:14 AM

Got my bolts from MK, though high tensile bar would be fine.