Board logo

Radiator for Avon?
Trems - 5/5/08 at 07:52 PM

Hi guys, just wondered if anyone could help with max dims for a rad to put in my avon?...also what are others using?

I've looked in the book and it says that you need s custom jobbie from tiger...surely not?

Thanks

Paul TigerB6 - 5/5/08 at 07:57 PM

The book would say that seeing as Jim D wrote it!!

Ignore the book and fit a Polo radiator instead - a search should find the part number unless someone has it to hand. The Tiger rad has steel tanks so is heavy and will corrode in a year or two in most likelyhood. Its also far dearer than the £40 or so for a Polo rad.

Trems - 5/5/08 at 08:44 PM

...thought that might be the case!

Thanks mate

ayoungman - 6/5/08 at 09:53 AM

Yep, Polo rad it is but be aware that there are a few different sizes available. It depends on what year Polo you use as a donor. If you search the posts on here, you should find the info that you need. Mine is a Polo rad and I made my own mounts for it. Look in my photo archive for how I did it ! HTH

Rudy - 8/5/08 at 04:02 PM

Hi ayoungman,
it is funny, today I was thinking : I am courios to know if ayoungman finished his Silver Avon ...
I used vw polo radiator too.

marshall - 8/5/08 at 09:27 PM

go for the polo radiator it last longer than
a tiger one i was told . i got mine polo radiator from a scrap yard for £12 and still
going strong 2 years later ....

Monkeybasher - 16/5/08 at 09:50 PM

Polo one. I had a cortina(book) one. its pish

keith - 18/5/08 at 10:27 AM

hi i used a renault clio rad bought from one of the car shows then used tigers header tank fits nice

[Edited on 18/5/08 by keith]