Board logo

busa power commander
ludobenc - 16/6/14 at 08:01 AM

Hi.

i have to install a power commander on a busa gen 1 engine.

i found some infos about that pc3 differs from years of engines: 99-01 is a version and 02-07 another.

really? what's the difference?

the problem, obviously, is to find the year of my engine..

sotty for my english, i'm italian

theprisioner - 16/6/14 at 11:17 AM

I have a Gen 1, as far as I know the PC V will also work Gen 1 engines (I have a PC III USB). Gen 2 Engines have a Oxygen sensor which I assume you just map out if not needed. PC's are mainly a fuel delivery/engine revs remapping function. The main issue for you is the Engine wiring connectors which are different on Gen 2. When buying a PC V I assume you have to specify this.

I apologise in advance if I am talking sh1t.

[Edited on 16/6/14 by theprisioner]

ludobenc - 16/6/14 at 12:33 PM

but my problem isn't gen1/gen2

i'm asking if there are 2 version of power commander 3 for gen1 engine:

-one for 99-00

-anothere for 01-07

i hope to be more clear

theprisioner - 16/6/14 at 01:22 PM

IU had a search on google for "Hayabusa Gen 1 Power Commander 3 options" the results were inconclusive it appears as if there is more than one connector option. The safest thing would be to email DynoJet. I doubt there is more variation other than the connectors.

ludobenc - 16/6/14 at 01:38 PM

i think the same..

but here is there a confirmation on the 2 gen1 products:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=170622

theprisioner - 16/6/14 at 10:36 PM

Link not valid cannot read?

ludobenc - 17/6/14 at 06:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by theprisioner
Link not valid cannot read?

strange. search "hayabusa power commanders".

cosmick - 17/6/14 at 08:02 AM

There is a difference in the style of multi plug used to differentiate between early and later Gen 1 engines. Early engines had a Square Plug, later ones had a Round Plug. If you don't know the year of your engine, you just need to look at the style of plug. I think the change occurred around 2002. So pre 02 engines should have a square plug at the position where the harness attaches to the injector harness.
Hope this helps.

ludobenc - 17/6/14 at 08:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cosmick
There is a difference in the style of multi plug used to differentiate between early and later Gen 1 engines. Early engines had a Square Plug, later ones had a Round Plug. If you don't know the year of your engine, you just need to look at the style of plug. I think the change occurred around 2002. So pre 02 engines should have a square plug at the position where the harness attaches to the injector harness.
Hope this helps.

thank you!