Board logo

Indy to GT
MK9R - 5/12/02 at 01:49 PM

Was going to build an MK Indy with ZX9R engine, but now considering the mid engined option MK GT. Cant make my mind up!

Macca - 5/12/02 at 02:13 PM

Went over to MK on saturday, first time I have delt with them.
Was like poppin down to your mates, everybody was so friendly. Anyway the GT1 was outside and spent a long time crawling all over it.
Liked everything about it (except for the ali vents screwed on the front wings).Not sure what you get for your 3 1/2k but as cheap as it may look(the price not the car) I will have a completed bec on the road for less!

Col

PS If I could afford one, I'd have one!!

[Edited on 5/12/02 by Macca]

[Edited on 5/12/02 by Macca]

Alan B - 5/12/02 at 02:30 PM

Do you guys (or anyone) know anyone who is building one? I'd love to folow a build diary.

theconrodkid - 5/12/02 at 05:03 PM

think Jon Ison is ,hes gonna race it next year,ps send some sun its freeeeeeeezin here

ProjectLMP - 5/12/02 at 05:07 PM

I think www.totalkitcar.com are going to do a build series on it. That car definately needs a rear wing with that large front splitter. I hear it has a bit of a high speed oversteer problem because of the imbalance. However, I wouldn't let that worry you, either cut down the splitter or fit a wing and/or diffuser.

Macca - 5/12/02 at 06:09 PM

They did have a wing on it when I visited but its "still under development", as they are unhappy with the weight.
Col

ProjectLMP - 5/12/02 at 07:37 PM

I knew they were working on a bunch of things including aero and suspension tweeks. Took a look at the web site and they now show the version with a rollbar and wing.

locodude - 10/12/02 at 11:59 PM

Track test at Elvington next week, will post results if I can get day off work, hoping to test tangerine Dream's new tyres and brakes!