Board logo

Using Own Make & Model & Insurance
Rosco86 - 24/4/16 at 07:30 PM

I've just been thinking, I'm building a Haynes roadster, I've filled out my IVA forms and I've made up my own make a model like most people seem to do, I'm just wondering if it will affect any insurance quotes, or do I just say it's a Haynes roadster registered as a "RAB Warhawk" I didn't really think till just now

theduck - 24/4/16 at 07:49 PM

Should be fine, all they really want to know is the style of car it is and what engine is in it.

JAG - 24/4/16 at 08:07 PM

It'll be fine.

Mines got a unique manufacturer name and model name "Locost"

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX - 24/4/16 at 08:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rosco86
I've just been thinking, I'm building a Haynes roadster, I've filled out my IVA forms and I've made up my own make a model like most people seem to do, I'm just wondering if it will affect any insurance quotes, or do I just say it's a Haynes roadster registered as a "RAB Warhawk" I didn't really think till just now

Hi,
What you decide to call the vehicle would have no bearing on our insurance schemes.
Regards,
Dan.

leew2 - 27/4/16 at 08:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
quote:

Hi,
What you decide to call the vehicle would have no bearing on our insurance schemes.
Regards,
Dan.

Ok, many thanks for that.
Would you be willing to detail the kind of things which have a bearing on the price of insurance and also the ease of finding someone who can actually offer me insurance? Am I correct thinking the main factor is the BHP?
I am currently building a unique one-off vehicle with the aim to achieve over 2000Mpge.

[Edited on 27/4/16 by leew2]

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX - 28/4/16 at 09:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by leew2
quote:
Originally posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
quote:

Hi,
Regards,
Dan.

Ok, many thanks for that.
Would you be willing to detail the kind of things which have a bearing on the price of insurance and also the ease of finding someone who can actually offer me insurance? Am I correct thinking the main factor is the BHP?
I am currently building a unique one-off vehicle with the aim to achieve over 2000Mpge.

The two main factors that will affect it are BHP and value.

Dan