Board logo

more scamming ebayers
westf27 - 8/3/08 at 03:10 PM

Saw these listed and thought would look good on the scandal green Elise.They turn up standard amber colour and the seller says i am colour blind.
TextOrange just to remind us all what amber is

[Edited on 063131p://Saturdayoc by westf27] Rescued attachment 2d52_2.jpg
Rescued attachment 2d52_2.jpg

speedyxjs - 8/3/08 at 03:13 PM

They are definately not amber. Or maybe i am also colourblind

Mr Clive - 8/3/08 at 03:33 PM

I recently had an eye test and was certified not colour blind. Definately green in the pic

But could the blue background mixed with the yellow in the amber indicators make them look green in the pic?

Hellfire - 8/3/08 at 04:08 PM

I think it's a bit harsh calling him a scammer, unless he stated in the ad that they were green. Seems to me though, he didn't state what colour they were and I assume you didn't ask him either, in which case you've got exactly what he was selling. Or was he selling them under false pretences?

Phil

blakep82 - 8/3/08 at 04:25 PM

looks 'kind of' green to me tbh. certainly not amber.

er, i'm guessing thats the picture of them that was on ebay?...

Thinking about it - 8/3/08 at 05:52 PM

Probably took the picture under florescent lighting. Or his camera is shot. Don't look amber.

coozer - 8/3/08 at 06:23 PM

Look like green midget gems!

westf27 - 8/3/08 at 06:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
I think it's a bit harsh calling him a scammer, unless he stated in the ad that they were green. Seems to me though, he didn't state what colour they were and I assume you didn't ask him either, in which case you've got exactly what he was selling. Or was he selling them under false pretences?

Phil

good point phil but its a bit like your yellow car turning up green.I mean if someone looking at your avatar asked what colour your car was you'd think...what (polite)

westf27 - 8/3/08 at 06:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Look like green midget gems!

rant over anyway,reported it to ebay.

midget gems,nice..did they do amber

Crazy Eddie - 30/4/08 at 10:44 PM

Panicing about SVA so reading all the posts and this one cheered me up

Blue + Orange = Green (Especially with flash photography) Not a great choice of backing colour!