Board logo

Indicator Bar
coozer - 2/8/08 at 11:08 AM

A few have asked about it so here you go.....

The bar I made for my indicators is 30x3mm conduit so is fairly sturdy (heavy!) so, one of the reasons I put the bottom rail on to make it stiff.

Here it is on the car...

another angle

Off the car showing the flat bracket that bolts onto the chassis under the headlamp bar...

The bar makes all the worries over sharp edges on the front go away and I didn't even trim the edges of the cycle wings (I take some tho just in case!) I just did the sensible things covering the nuts and wrapping the top ball joint etc. Nothing over the top just makes it a nice tidy job.

Steve

*If in doubt, ask*

Valtra - 2/8/08 at 11:15 AM

an elegant device but did it fall off on the way home from SVA due to the weight ?

coozer - 2/8/08 at 11:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Valtra
an elegant device but did it fall off on the way home from SVA due to the weight ?

Emm, no, I've only took it off because someone else wants to 'borrow' it.. cough.

[Edited on 2/8/08 by coozer]

Valtra - 2/8/08 at 01:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
quote:
Originally posted by Valtra

Emm, no, I've only took it off because someone else wants to 'borrow' it.. cough.

[Edited on 2/8/08 by coozer]

StevieB - 2/8/08 at 04:11 PM

So I take it that means they don't do the dreaded 100mm dome test on anything that's behind the bars?

dogwood - 2/8/08 at 05:00 PM

Thanks Steve

Just what I needed to see.

Now Mr SVA man what are you going to look for next?

Cheers David

coozer - 10/8/08 at 11:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
So I take it that means they don't do the dreaded 100mm dome test on anything that's behind the bars?

Correct, no trim on the cycle wings either