Board logo

What alloy wheel cleaner do you lot use
steve m - 20/9/10 at 09:17 AM

I have experimented with all types of alloy wheel cleaner, and have never got one that i feel does the job properly

what do you guys use??

My Mondeo seems to kick out a lot of dust on the front, and the wheels are a real pita to clean

And i do not want to stick those rubber inner spats on !!

balidey - 20/9/10 at 09:21 AM

Wilkos own brand for my cars annual wash.

I hear that there are wheel 'waxes' to can buy so that the dust doesn't stick so its easier to wash off. But never bothered researching it as I don't look after my car as much as I should

Danozeman - 20/9/10 at 09:22 AM

I use autosmart alloy wheel cleaner. Spray it on leave in a min and jet wash it off. Lovely and clean.

This stuff ALI CLEAN

steve m - 20/9/10 at 09:28 AM

Thanks guys

boggle - 20/9/10 at 10:23 AM

truck wash or concrete cleaner diluted a little

mad4x4 - 20/9/10 at 10:57 AM

Asda do one in an orange bottle name is somthing like "Wymas wheel Cleaner " only about £3 and seem to work compared to all the other crap thats about.

Cheap and chearful

UncleFista - 20/9/10 at 11:29 AM

"Wonderwheels" is what I've used for years. Spray/paint it on, leave for 5 mins then rinse off.
It contains some type of acid so it mustn't be left on too long.
Leaves wheels like new with minimum effort..

ashg - 20/9/10 at 12:00 PM

with regards to my tintop. I pay a little five foot nothing polish man £10 and he sorts the rest out. car comes back washed polished, hovered in and out much better than I could be bothered to do. he even bags up all the rubbish and leaves it in the boot so I can sift out my receipts for my expenses.

andkilde - 20/9/10 at 12:15 PM

I use Simple Green and a soft brush. Does an excellent job for everyday cleaning but won't touch the old burned in "tobacco stain" type grime that brake dust seems to cause after a few years. Never had any luck finding something to clean that up properly without damaging the paint finish.

t

Agriv8 - 20/9/10 at 12:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by balidey
Wilkos own brand for my cars annual wash.

I hear that there are wheel 'waxes' to can buy so that the dust doesn't stick so its easier to wash off. But never bothered researching it as I don't look after my car as much as I should

another vote for wilco's works really well for minimun £

sdh2903 - 20/9/10 at 02:48 PM

Bilberry wheel cleaner, Non acidic so doesnt attack the laquer. Spray on, leave for 5 mins, rinse off.

Looks good enough to drink too!

bilberry