Board logo

Can I stand on my seats?
eznfrank - 2/4/10 at 12:34 PM

I've had the seats in the car this morning to check reach and vision etc. I forgot how much of a pain in the ass it is to get in and out of. A snap off boss for the steering wheel post-IVA will help but really I need to stand on my seat to get in. Problem is I'm about 15 stone at the moment, will I knacker it??

grub - 2/4/10 at 12:37 PM

not unless you still got those stilletoes on

omega0684 - 2/4/10 at 12:57 PM

What seats do you have?

eznfrank - 2/4/10 at 01:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
What seats do you have?

Good point, I should have said. I have fibreglass seats, which I think are copies of MK's

jacko - 2/4/10 at 01:49 PM

I stand on mine it's more how you have fixed them to the car [ brackets ]

adithorp - 2/4/10 at 01:59 PM

Shouldn't be a problem. I've had guy's up to 18st stood on mine getting in. Where do you think that 15st is going to rest once you're in?

adrian

RAYLEE29 - 2/4/10 at 02:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Shouldn't be a problem. I've had guy's up to 18st stood on mine getting in. Where do you think that 15st is going to rest once you're in?

adrian

thats a very good point
all about distribution really
Ray

blakep82 - 2/4/10 at 02:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RAYLEE29
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp

adrian

thats a very good point
all about distribution really
Ray

i was going to say something about that, but it came out rambling

if you're sitting, all that weight is going over your bum, which is a bigger area than your 2 feet (or one foot when you first stand in)

pressure from your feet will be higher

leemarkadams - 2/4/10 at 02:35 PM

I,m 16 stone and with the full roll cage I have to stand on the seats...with no issues at all!

Lee

omega0684 - 2/4/10 at 02:51 PM

do you not have a chassis reinforcement bar that runs across the cockpit that you could stand on?

speedyxjs - 2/4/10 at 03:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
do you not have a chassis reinforcement bar that runs across the cockpit that you could stand on?

Thats what i use to get in and out of mine.

ashg - 2/4/10 at 04:26 PM

i stand on my triton ones to get in and out all the time. my mate is 20 stone and he managed not to kill it getting in and out

JoelP - 2/4/10 at 06:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by leemarkadams
I,m 16 stone and with the full roll cage I have to stand on the seats...with no issues at all!

Lee

except when you get dog poo on your trousers!