Board logo

Sierra diesel drive shafts wanted - hybrid conversion
JamesMcMc - 17/9/14 at 06:50 PM

Hi - I cannot seem to find the correct drive shafts for my hybrid LSD to drum brake conversion.

I need either tripod (drum brakes) drive shafts from a late Sierra diesel or dohc. However they need to be 27mm thick and have 25 splines at the inboard (diff) end.

I have been sold a 27mm diesel set before - but once I'd removed the inboard tripod CV joints found they had 33-splines and not the 25 required to fit the Lobro CV joints!

Any help would be appreciated as I have a track day on the 29th!

[Edited on 17/9/14 by JamesMcMc]

danny keenan - 17/9/14 at 08:23 PM

Hi

I can make you custom shafts with what ever spline you require.
All I need is the overall length and how many splines each end

Thanks Danny

JamesMcMc - 17/9/14 at 10:39 PM

Hi Danny,

I appreciate the reply - however I know no one makes the Ford tripod CV joints and the only way to take them off the old shafts is by cutting off the outer 'can'.

Is there a solution you know of?

baz-R - 19/9/14 at 12:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JamesMcMc
Hi Danny,

I appreciate the reply - however I know no one makes the Ford tripod CV joints and the only way to take them off the old shafts is by cutting off the outer 'can'.

Is there a solution you know of?

try j&r cv joints

JamesMcMc - 19/9/14 at 02:57 PM

Already been to J&R - although they could make me a solution it would be cheaper to go full discs - I will do this eventually but just need a stop gap.

J&R fit a different CV joint - they said it wouldn't work with what I am doing - but didn't tell me how many splines/shaft thickness they use.