Board logo

Wanted: Roll cage making for Daihatsu
PSpirine - 8/6/15 at 12:13 PM

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a car for Endurance Road Rallying, and am most likely going to end up with a Daihatsu Sirion ('98-'05 model).

Problem is I can't find any off-the shelf cages for it.

I'll be after a 6 point bolt-in, to MSA blue book specs, doesn't need to be painted, but I want to avoid having to do any cage welding myself (I can weld the reinforcements to the chassis etc.)

Can anybody here help, or recommend someone reasonably priced - I'm not after a GT3 spec race car here!

Naturally, this is my first foray into these things, so a locost suggestion would be preferable! If the cost is prohibitive, I'll get something with an off-the shelf cage available (such as a Suzuki or Micra.. staying away from MG's due to my inexplicable fear of them breaking down!)

Cheers
Pavel

loggyboy - 8/6/15 at 12:26 PM

http://www.customcages.co.uk/Rollcage/LoadRollCage.castle?manufacturer=Daihatsu&model=Siron%20Clubman&type=6%20Point

PSpirine - 8/6/15 at 02:51 PM

Thanks loggy, I did find that, unfortunately it's weld-in only, which I'm trying to avoid if at all possible (I don't want to weld the cage myself, and the cost of paying someone to do it is rather high).

Custom cages are my backup plan however..

Thanks
Pavel

CNHSS1 - 8/6/15 at 03:38 PM

try Protection and Performance, certainly do loads of kits for land rovers etc as well as race car cages

jps - 8/6/15 at 05:22 PM

Have you asked on BritishRallyForum? They seem a fairly well informed bunch...

PorkChop - 8/6/15 at 07:46 PM

Steve at SA Fabrication & Motorsport did the cage on my Roadster, very happy with it. He'll do one custom made to your spec, so a bolt in should be possible.

alex1991 - 8/6/15 at 11:29 PM

Please link me to your build thread once you start.
My friends are a little obsessed with kei cars as their daily drivers (Daihatsu Charade and Cuore).

PSpirine - 9/6/15 at 08:07 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll fire off a few enquiries today.

We use custom cages at work A LOT, so realised I should probably give them first crack, will see if they can do a bolt in (website only lists weld in cage).

AntonUK - 9/6/15 at 11:44 AM

Ive heard good things about theses guys

http://www2.owensfabrication.com/