Board logo

[Searching] Fisher Fury, STM Phoenix, Sylva J15
reb - 18/3/16 at 09:08 AM

Hi,

I am looking for a Fisher Fury, STM Phoenix or Sylva J15 (the normal J15, not the Vectis one).

The car needs to have a car engine, if it does not have a car engine I am only interested in bike engined cars if you are willing to sell it without the bike engine or with a broken one.

The kit car should have been road registered at some point of time.

Hence it needs to have a V5 but it can be sorn or not registered at the moment.

I also dont mind if the car is in the middle of a conversion or upgrades and is not completed yet or has a broken engine/transmission as long as it has a V5.

Important points for the Fury:

- It has to be a spyder model (so no doors and no real windshield)
- IRS is a must, no live axle
- no LeMans bonnet, only models with the standard bonnet are considered

As there are not many variations of the STM Phoenix or Sylva J15 I am interested in these as they come.

Please send me a private message if you can offer me such a kit car or know someone who is willing to sell it.

Thanks!

Kdempsie - 18/3/16 at 11:32 AM

There is a really nice Sylva J15 on ebay just now. It's fitted with a 2.0 Duratec engine with roller barrel TBs, cam and Tony Law exhaust. It makes pretty strong power.

Not my car but it looked nicely built when I saw it and I've borrowed a few ideas for my build.

Keith.

Dopdog - 18/3/16 at 12:54 PM

if its the red one its been sold

reb - 18/3/16 at 01:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kdempsie
There is a really nice Sylva J15 on ebay just now. It's fitted with a 2.0 Duratec engine with roller barrel TBs, cam and Tony Law exhaust. It makes pretty strong power.

Not my car but it looked nicely built when I saw it and I've borrowed a few ideas for my build.

Keith.

Yes I know about the car but the seller was not willing to lower the price or come towards me in any other way.

quote:
Originally posted by Dopdog
if its the red one its been sold

Did a forum member or someone you know personally bought it?

///

I also noticed that there is a Fury for sale on pistonheads. But he is asking 10k for it although the car only has a pinto engine with carbs and the car seems to have a lean spec. Probably he is asking for a premium because it was a cover car once in its life. I assume a pinto with carbs made people drop their jaws back in the days?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/kit-cars/fisher/2002-fisher-fury-spyder-155-bhp-road-racer-kit-car/5416045?v=b

[Edited on 18/3/16 by reb]

Kdempsie - 18/3/16 at 01:58 PM

Ah, sorry I sold you false hope there. That is a really nice car.