Board logo

Dremel accessories (alternative)
cadebytiger - 23/11/08 at 04:41 PM

Hey there.

I asked a little while ago about dremel tools and have subsequently got one and love it.

I was just wondering if there are good alternatives to the vastly overpriced accessories? I have a link to a great dremel e-bay retailer thanks to someone in the last tread but was wondering if there are other non-dremel accessories which are just as good... and cheaper/better

Thanks again

cadebytiger - 23/11/08 at 04:42 PM

quite like the look of this wood cutting / shaping wheel. Anyone used it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dremel-Carbide-Cutting-Shaping-Wheel-Rotary-Tools-542_W0QQitemZ150217018973QQihZ005QQcategoryZ29528QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

eznfrank - 23/11/08 at 04:52 PM

is there a hobbycraft near you? They currently have a massive accessory set for £12.50 reduced from £25. Must have over a 100 bits in it.

gr8ging - 23/11/08 at 05:42 PM

I bought a cheap dremel type tool, having got hold of a couple of dremel sanding drum since, I have to say the dremel ones a far superior to the cheap ones.

McLannahan - 23/11/08 at 06:13 PM

I've been using a cheap Dremel rip off this afternoon from Woolworths and it and its acessories are absolutely cack.

Will have to shell out for a Dremel I think...

bigpig - 23/11/08 at 07:05 PM

I've been through about 4 of the B&Q /Aldi Dremmel copies. I then bought a genuine Dremmel. It easily takes the amount of abuse that would render the copies useless.

The B&Q & Aldi accessories seem to be fine though. I don't buy many genuine dremmel bits unless its something like a router tool. The rest is the Aldi boxes of consumables.

nstrug - 23/11/08 at 07:32 PM

Maplin do a huge set of accessories for about £9. Not a patch on Dremel quality, but that just means you have to change sanding drum or cutting disc more frequently.

Nick