Board logo

Argon wanted.
coozer - 28/3/15 at 04:58 PM

Further on from my tig welder wanted I'm looking for a argon supplier in the north east.

I have an empty pub co2 bottle, can I get that filled with argon?

Steve

mark chandler - 28/3/15 at 05:57 PM

Adams gas was the cheapest I could find, it will still slay you £150 notes make sure you ask for the biggest bottle they do, not the hobby sizes as they go very quickly.

I cannot see anyone filling a pub bottle.

HTH

[Edited on 28/3/15 by mark chandler]

gaz05 - 28/3/15 at 06:35 PM

I got a big bottle of co2 a couple of years ago from Clarkes gases in Gateshead. Brand new bottle as well for £30. No rental etc. Iirc the argon was a fair price. Give him a try.

benchmark51 - 28/3/15 at 07:53 PM

look up Hobbyweld in your browser, lots of outlets all over. Been with them 3 years now, no problems

RichieW - 28/3/15 at 08:10 PM

You cant fill a CO2 bottle with argon. CO2 pressures are much lower. CO2 and argon regulators are different too, I think one is male and one is female. Anyone supplying argon wont touch your pub bottle.

rusty nuts - 28/3/15 at 09:00 PM

Check your local motor factors if you can't find anyone else, a lot of them are now stocking welding gases

big_wasa - 28/3/15 at 11:07 PM

If you know some one in the trade that uses argon a fellow builder made me a pipe to decant from one bottle to another. You just need to modify the valve.

I never got around to trying it.

I know use hoby weld as there is a guy just up the road and he will open up 7.30 at night or even a Sunday afternoon if he is about.