Board logo

Tube roller
lincsandy - 31/3/17 at 09:05 AM

Has anyone used a tube/ring roller type machine?
I will be starting to build my exoskelital chassis soon and need to curve the side rails.
I see frost automotive sell a tube roller at a reasonable price that will do up to 2" diameter, has anyone used one of these rollers or are they a waste of time and money?
Getting both sides the same might be a challenge but would like to do it myself if possible to get the curves i want.

24vseven - 31/3/17 at 12:47 PM

i was going to down the route of making my own roller to do a similar job. dependant on what your final build is i am sure i also still have some tec drawings for atom type side tubes if its any halp

lincsandy - 31/3/17 at 03:17 PM

Tec drawings of side tubes would be great. Did you make a tube roller then? I have a lathe but making the dies might be above my skill level.
Thanks

24vseven - 31/3/17 at 03:31 PM

No never got that far due to wanting a seven lol. My plan was to use a tall hydraulic press for control and make the dies. I have a large cylinder of 100mm diameter nylon still kicking around I was going to use. The plans are on the pic I think so will try get them over the weekend for you.

24vseven - 1/4/17 at 11:15 AM

can u pm your email as there in pdf form so i can send them over