Board logo

locostbuilders search results lost
ReMan - 16/4/08 at 07:03 AM

If I do a search on here, then once the list of result comes up I can click and view the thread.
However , if I hit the "back" button on internet exploiter, the results page has gone "not found" ?

It works fine on my laptop, the back button works fine on other sites?

Any clues, I've poked around and can't see wht's different on this PC to another?

Cheers

worX - 16/4/08 at 07:16 AM

I think it's the internet explorer browser you are using that is the difference.

I don't have a suggestion if you are searching for info, but if you are searching for peoples (or your own!) posts you can use the FIND button instead of a search?

HTH
Steve

dogwood - 16/4/08 at 07:23 AM

Hi

Mine does exactly the same...

I found doing "refresh" brings the page back in.

HTH David

speedyxjs - 16/4/08 at 07:31 AM

Mine has also always done that with IE and Firefox. As above i just hit the refresh button.

TGR-ECOSSE - 16/4/08 at 07:31 AM

Have a look here It might help
Ronnie

Dangle_kt - 16/4/08 at 08:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TGR-ECOSSE
Have a look here It might help
Ronnie

Hi followed link, and had to do manual install, it said it installed it fine... but where is the search bar for it??? I'm on Vista and the new I.E. is more "stremlined" so I don't know it as well as the old I.E.

Any advise?

Cheers!

mookaloid - 16/4/08 at 08:55 AM

I just right click the results and go for open in new window - this keeps the search result list intact.

Cheers

mark

Hammerhead - 16/4/08 at 09:50 AM

I just press F5 each time

andyace - 16/4/08 at 11:39 AM

Happens to me too, if you go onto the second page of results however it then seems to work fine from there on !!!

britishtrident - 16/4/08 at 12:14 PM

If you have a version of IE with tabs right click "open in a new tab"

If you haven't a tabbed browser installing Firefox would be a good move.

dzine - 16/4/08 at 05:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
If you have a version of IE with tabs right click "open in a new tab"

If you haven't a tabbed browser installing Firefox would be a good move.

Firefox is such a brilliant program! So much so that Microsoft finally gave in and released IE7 with tabbed browsing.
If you click with your centre wheel, it opens up the link in a new tab (in IE or FF). This is great for scrolling down and selecting from a list of search results. It also avoids the problem you have.

JoelP - 19/4/08 at 12:19 PM

thats a good tip, pressing the wheel on the mouse. Previously i used to hold shift down when left clicking so that it starts in a new window. I do that on google too so you can find your search results easier.