Board logo

Wet weather gear
stevegough - 15/2/11 at 08:27 PM

Ok, got the car on the road - next expense is to get a 'woof' - anyone got any ideas / links / recommendations / even a roof lying around surplus? The only one I've heard of is 'Soft bits for sevens' but they don't seem to supply a full one?

franky - 15/2/11 at 08:35 PM

i'm after a boot cover/tonneau that I can remove in 3 parts if that makes sense?

Anyway I've rang around and this is where i'll be going...

http://www.auto-trim.co.uk/about-us.html

They were about 30% less than softbits for 7's for exactly the same thing. Heard some great things about them too.

austin man - 15/2/11 at 08:59 PM

be hardcore thats what you need buy a good hat

myke pocock - 15/2/11 at 09:14 PM

I know this may be a difficult one to answer but what is a rough idea of the cost of getting a good quality hood made for a Locost?

franky - 15/2/11 at 09:25 PM

It depends on what you want it to be made of it seems. Mohair costs a fair bit more but looks 100x better(IMO) will last the life of the car and doesn't sag etc.

MakeEverything - 15/2/11 at 10:17 PM

I saw this in the flesh, and it looks very good, and different. (the blue quantum).

I might be able to find out some more info if you want.

[Edited on 15-2-11 by MakeEverything]

Danozeman - 15/2/11 at 10:38 PM

I have a westfield roof Im going to be listing for sale soon. Bought it last year to fit to my car but its slightly too short. U2U me if your interested.

[Edited on 15/2/11 by Danozeman]

Chippy - 15/2/11 at 10:51 PM

Just a bit of DIY does the job. Ray

Hood 1
Hood 1

mccsp - 15/2/11 at 11:11 PM

Sorry to barge in, but with reference to the quantum above, I like the doors/sidescreens with the bulges, does anyone know the dimensions of them or whether they would fit a luego velocity?

Andybarbet - 15/2/11 at 11:31 PM

Xtreme Kermit comes to the Baldock SG7 kitcar meets and im pretty sure he has these doors on his car.

Might be worth a U2u for some rough dimensions or pop along to a local meet for a measure up. They do look good and i would be interested to see if they fit a Velocity too.

stevegough - 16/2/11 at 07:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by austin man
be hardcore thats what you need buy a good hat

thanks, but I don't think a hat will keep the carpets / seats / dash dry unless its a pretty big 'un!

I think caterham do the doors with bulges, but not cheaply link

also full doors with the 'posing pouch'...link

I like the idea of DIY, chippy but-I'm not convinced of my sewing skills!

anyone for any more links and ideas?

stevegough - 17/3/11 at 12:01 PM

Quick update - just bought a full set from Kit spares (GBS parts site) for a GBS ZERO. Hope it fits!