Board logo

Flat BRG paint code Sylva Phoenixi
philfingers - 5/10/14 at 09:52 AM

I have a British racing green Sylva phoenix. It's a flat green. Have been looking for a paint code for it but struggling. Most of the touch up paint in ebay seems to be metallic
Any suggestions please?

Sam_68 - 5/10/14 at 10:48 AM

If it's gelcoat, you won't find a perfect match of-the-shelf: the best you can do is get a spray shop to mix something up for you.

If it's been sprayed, it could be anything. I sprayed my whole car in BLMC British Racing Green, which was a fairly close match to the original BRG gelcoat, but certainly not a good enough match that you could have used it for anything more than touching in small stonechips without the difference being noticeable.

jacko - 5/10/14 at 04:50 PM

have a look at brooklands green in halfords that is flat green i have just bought a tin today
its a rover colour
Jacko

Macbeast - 5/10/14 at 04:59 PM

+1 for Brooklands Green

philfingers - 5/10/14 at 05:19 PM

Thanks guys!

Sam_68 - 5/10/14 at 07:27 PM

Yes, sorry - it was Brooklands Green I used, not British Racing Green; memory playing up!

Still, you'll be lucky to get anywhere close to a perfect match - gelcoat colours are very variable.

philfingers - 5/10/14 at 08:06 PM

The bonnet has been painted anyway, it's a good match. Just got some bits to touch up, only brush work