Board logo

Getting Hayabusa emissions sorted
clutch_kick - 28/11/08 at 12:39 PM

Guys I searched through the forum a bit and I get the feeling that the hayabusa is a bit of a challenge to get through emissions. It seems to fluctuate readings a lot.

So now I have 2 choices.

Choice 1: Cheap route. Get a power commander, use a car engine CAT and add an additional air-pump.

Choice 2: Expensive route. Get an AEM ECU (or something similar), run a closed loop wide band lambda sensor, with CAT, and only the onboard emissions air-pump.

Fire away with opinions please.

lococost - 28/11/08 at 01:34 PM

Have a look at motty's AFR tuner, it's a self teaching closed loop lambda system, especially designed for bike engines. I was the first on to use it on a BEC. It got me trough SVA no problem.

http://www.afrtuner.com/

clutch_kick - 28/11/08 at 01:46 PM

Thanks i'll take a look at it.

fesycresy - 28/11/08 at 02:16 PM

I've seen loads of busa's go through with 28psi fuel pressure and a cat.

Only then additional air if needed.

finlay - 28/11/08 at 05:48 PM

if you can wait a week i can send you a emissions friendly map for power commandor

also i used 2 cats in line and pass no problems

[Edited on 28/11/08 by finlay]

clutch_kick - 29/11/08 at 10:48 AM

Guys thanks for the posts. I like that afrtuner, it looks like it does the job great. However, with turboing in the back of my mind, I think I should go for a stand alone ECU right away.

The whole story is this, I found a DAX Rush MC for sale with a 2002 hayabusa engine, the kit is practically complete, just a few bits and bobs left. Of course, it is still unbuilt.

I'm trying to clarify some problems with the local Transport Authority with respect to registration and taxation. I really want this car badly

wish me luck.