Board logo

Bloody potholes !!!
macspeedy - 2/4/11 at 01:59 PM

F*cks sake hit this ba$tard thing earlier thought the wheel was gonna come off !!

stopped and checked the trye there is now a bulge in the side wall and rubber on the rim !

who do you put a claim into ?

well over 4 inches deep !!

[Edited on 2/4/11 by macspeedy]

will121 - 2/4/11 at 02:20 PM

Claiming is never as straight forward as should be, worth checking on net making sure you cover all the necessary parts on the initial letter

P ? - 2/4/11 at 03:47 PM

didnt think you can still claim

macc man - 2/4/11 at 04:14 PM

I would contact your local highways dept, they should point you in the right direction for claims.

MakeEverything - 2/4/11 at 04:16 PM

Trouble is, it needs to have been reported first, otherwise they are not negligent if they dont know about it. Ask me how i know....

Gordy - 2/4/11 at 04:28 PM

Where is the pothole macspeedy? cans guys on here not report it first then you can put your claim in?

Killer - 2/4/11 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
Trouble is, it needs to have been reported first, otherwise they are not negligent if they dont know about it. Ask me how i know....

True, looked into it after my wishbone snapping event My wheel did come off!

Cheers

Rich

myke pocock - 2/4/11 at 04:57 PM

Driving back frpm the Brabon Hill Climb last year on the A683 from Sedburgh towards Kirby Stephen it was like doing an autotest such were the number of holes. Problem was that there was an RS Owners Club road run and some of those guys coming the other way were not slackening off giving you little room for manouvre.

MkII - 2/4/11 at 05:22 PM

driving back from barbon may be worse this year ,there is more potholes than tarmac on A683 now. .m.

Johneturbo - 2/4/11 at 05:24 PM

Can you not report it, then make the claim a few days later

will121 - 2/4/11 at 05:27 PM

some guidane on claiming here and also info on previously reported potholes

pothole info

macspeedy - 2/4/11 at 05:56 PM

pothole

Ninehigh - 2/4/11 at 07:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything

How long does it take to get that big? Also does this work on other areas like if they don't tell me I have to pay council tax then I'm not breaking the law in not doing so?

macspeedy - 4/4/11 at 09:36 AM

Found out its under Stirlingshires district and a claim form is on its way and could take upto 8 weeks to make a decision!

lots of photos and maps are going to be printed along with costs of rim and tyre !

macspeedy - 8/4/11 at 11:16 PM

They have recieved my paperwork and passed it onto the relivant department.... zzzzzz