Board logo

suggestions on a Locost ethic single seater
akaAlexthekid - 1/6/11 at 10:45 PM

Does anyone know of a road legal single seater? something mid engined, that I can build from the ground up. I was thinking 60's F1, maybe a lotus 18 style. Any and all styles shall be considered though

tegwin - 1/6/11 at 10:57 PM

The haynes single seater book is on the way..... Looks good!

blakep82 - 1/6/11 at 10:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tegwin

yeah, but when? its been 'on its way' for about 2 years hasn't it?

eddie99 - 1/6/11 at 10:59 PM

U2U sent

FazerBob - 1/6/11 at 11:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tegwin

I'm still holding off on my new build in the hope that the book arrives this year! I really fancy building the car.

akaAlexthekid - 2/6/11 at 02:15 AM

Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye out for that one

StevieB - 2/6/11 at 05:53 AM

Get a copy of 'HighSpeed, Low Cost' and look up terrapin single seaters on google - the original low budget race car.

Bluemoon - 2/6/11 at 08:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
Get a copy of 'HighSpeed, Low Cost' and look up terrapin single seaters on google - the original low budget race car.

Yep, good starting place Alan's books are very informative as well, would help you change the terrapin to be usable on the road.

Ta

Dan

ashg - 2/6/11 at 08:06 AM

i believe mark ex owner of triton race seats and a few of his talented friends may have something very interesting in the pipe line that will fill your requirements.

Triton - 2/6/11 at 11:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ashg
i believe mark ex owner of triton race seats and a few of his talented friends may have something very interesting in the pipe line that will fill your requirements.

Indeed we do mossop indeed we do..

ashg - 2/6/11 at 12:15 PM

better get your finger out and finish it. everyone is very keen to see it.