Board logo

gotta get me some of these
mookaloid - 8/12/11 at 03:57 PM

linky

Irony - 8/12/11 at 04:01 PM

If that works then I am a monkey's uncle

wylliezx9r - 8/12/11 at 04:10 PM

I reckon they would last about as long as the first drain cover/bump in the road that you encounter. What a pile of crap , I wonder if they are even legal ?

designer - 8/12/11 at 04:15 PM

Who in the world would be daft enough to buy a set of those?

BigLee - 8/12/11 at 04:21 PM

Get some for the back as well incase you need to reverse!!!

rallyingden - 8/12/11 at 04:45 PM

Now thats how to mount a wheel centered wing stay

RD

jase380 - 8/12/11 at 05:09 PM

" The blade linkage is designed such that the blade self levels to the road surface, compensating for camber gradient, suspension movement etc. The blade has an angled leading guide that allows it to ride up over "normal sized" bumps and pot holes ", ..... and smash your headlights on the way to caving the bonnet in.

I personally could not buy owt of a bloke called Torquil

Proby - 8/12/11 at 05:31 PM

I wonder how they cope with speedbumps or hidden kerbs under the snow?? Jase your comments cracked me up!!

loggyboy - 8/12/11 at 06:43 PM

it may scrape some snow off the surface but its not gonna get thru ice or compacted snow which is the only thing that causes major grip problems.
Stupid idea, stupid price and stupid people who waste money buying/trying it.

Daddylonglegs - 8/12/11 at 07:18 PM

Seems there have been 3 offers, wonder how many were over a fiver?

Ninehigh - 8/12/11 at 08:09 PM

I like the way the "also watching" bit at the bottom is 4 winches and a Ferrari engine

Mark Allanson - 8/12/11 at 08:21 PM

As the weight of snow increases, the off centre 'plough' will increase a lateral load on the 'swivel' part of the mechanism thus increasing friction on the 'swivel'. This will lower the 'plough' and increase the weight of snow (return to the beginning of the paragraph!)

The car will eventually run over the 'plough' which will then flail around in the arch and carefully remove the brake flexies, ABS sensor wires etc............

The litigation possibilities are endless

ReMan - 8/12/11 at 09:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson

The litigation possibilities are endless

So tempting to get some just for this purpose, get a lawyer on side and bingo, or lotto or what wevr you say these days £1mill compo

JoelP - 8/12/11 at 09:39 PM

what a name for his account, badboy borris

There is also the issue of it affecting your steering, if one side drags more than the other.

matt_gsxr - 8/12/11 at 10:42 PM

I like the fact that he has patented it (as if!), but hasn't bother to paint it!

watsonpj - 8/12/11 at 11:03 PM

I THINK YOU GUYS ARE BEING REALLY UNFAIR.

This guys (mr torquil) has spent ages probably carefully calculating the correct angles to cope with all the forces and no doubt carried out an extensive FMECA and FEA analysis and had a team of Human factors experts chossing just the right shade of yellow.

Lets support the great (but eccentric) british designers Oh got to go there putting the jack e t t bacccckon.

bertie_bas205 - 9/12/11 at 05:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by watsonpj
I THINK YOU GUYS ARE BEING REALLY UNFAIR.

This guys (mr torquil) has spent ages probably carefully calculating the correct angles to cope with all the forces and no doubt carried out an extensive FMECA and FEA analysis and had a team of Human factors experts chossing just the right shade of yellow.

Lets support the great (but eccentric) british designers Oh got to go there putting the jack e t t bacccckon.

Have you bought a set??

Bertie.