Board logo

If Carlsberg made V-Storms!!??
Mr C - 15/7/12 at 08:57 PM

Found posted on Pistonheads

"If Carlsberg made V-Storms"

If Carlsberg made a V-Storm I hope it would look better than this. I'm gobsmaked and embarrassed to be associated with the brand. Must be a publicity stunt. Is there anyone out there who likes this??

big_l - 15/7/12 at 09:03 PM

I'm going to stick my neck out and say I think it ok not my taste but but I've seen alot worse ...

se7en - 15/7/12 at 09:04 PM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

For what it is I think there is not very much wrong with it.

blakep82 - 15/7/12 at 09:05 PM

unless people are actually getting paid by the companies involved, or is an actual replica of another racing car* then NO! DON'T DO IT, IT LOOKS STUPID!

*Gulf colours work on GT40s, and porsches, and they do not work on 7's (unless i'm missing a gulf liveried racer from many many years ago, but i don't think race cars had sponsorships when lotus 7's were new?)
red bull colours work on F1 cars, and, er, audi RS4 maybe? is that a DTM car?

making a replica of an actual classic race car is fine, but don't do it to anything else please.

[Edited on 15/7/12 by blakep82]

perksy - 15/7/12 at 09:10 PM

Can see what they've tried to achieve but not my taste to be honest,
Have seen a lot worse though

As long as the builder is happy, that's all that matters really...

Stott - 15/7/12 at 09:17 PM

I'm not saying this for comic effect but I think it's tge nicest one I've seen so far, admittedly I've only seen about 5 but this is the best so far.

Atb
Stott

wylliezx9r - 15/7/12 at 09:28 PM

Not my cup of tea but aint that bad. Seen a lot of Rizla 7's which i think are far worse, what exactly are they trying to represent anyway ?

My pet hate is old Scoobys with the rallying livery on them and peoples names on the doors, for me it cant get much worse.

[Edited on 15/7/12 by wylliezx9r]

BenB - 15/7/12 at 09:41 PM

Wots everyone looking at?

daniel mason - 15/7/12 at 09:41 PM

seems the general thought is its a sin to cover the car in graphics, but totally acceptable to put a big ass heavy engine up front?
good luck to the guy if hes happy with it!

Hector.Brocklebank - 15/7/12 at 10:02 PM

Am i missing something ?

surely if Carlsberg made V-Storms they would paint it in Carlsberg colours, not bloody red bull !!!!

also sadly not to my taste, nice car ruined by the livery. sorry.

steve m - 15/7/12 at 10:21 PM

personley, i like the signage,, but the car is a pile of shite
and that spoiler, does exactley that, SPOIL the pic

bi22le - 15/7/12 at 10:55 PM

Not a fan of the wheels but i quite like the rest.

I Dont understand other peoples beef with heavily sickered cars. They look track oriented, go fast and probably use alot of the parts advertised on the side.

Whats the problem with embracing a classic racing colour scheme, BRG got done to death years ago. The modern craze is now stickers and vinal.

Neck on the line here, i like it.

Valtra - 15/7/12 at 11:10 PM

S'ok, it's done well. It's a matter of taste and I've seen much worse on this forum but gallantry prevents me pointing at anybody

Steve Hignett - 16/7/12 at 05:10 AM

I think it looks perfectly acceptable too...

Not sure what the fuss is about, at all... ... ...

jeffw - 16/7/12 at 05:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wylliezx9r
Not my cup of tea but aint that bad. Seen a lot of Rizla 7's which i think are far worse, what exactly are they trying to represent anyway ?

My pet hate is old Scoobys with the rallying livery on them and peoples names on the doors, for me it cant get much worse.

Rizla sponsored Suzuki in British Superbikes & MotoGP for many seasons.

scootz - 16/7/12 at 06:08 AM

What's wrong with it (apart from it being a V-Storm ).

Mr C - 16/7/12 at 07:01 AM

On reflection its done ok, too many colours for the car, shame its a Redbull Livery, not my thing at all, each to their own. I'm sure once mine is out there it'll split opinions.

[Edited on 16/7/12 by Mr C]

Xtreme Kermit - 16/7/12 at 07:11 AM

Gotta say I quite like it. I'm not too sure about the spoiler on the back, but we all crave individualism in our cars. There is a case in point.

Irony - 16/7/12 at 08:19 AM

I like it - I wouldn't do it to my own personal car though. Perhaps he a huge Vettel fan. If it's acceptable to wear a Manchester United football top I don't see this as much difference.

Valtra - 16/7/12 at 01:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Irony
I like it - I wouldn't do it to my own personal car though. Perhaps he a huge Vettel fan. If it's acceptable to wear a Manchester United football top I don't see this as much difference.

Now you've opened a new can of worms

Xtreme Kermit - 16/7/12 at 05:08 PM

So who says that wearing a Man United shirt is in any way acceptable?

[duck and run]

[Edited on 16/7/12 by Xtreme Kermit]

blakep82 - 16/7/12 at 06:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
quote:
Originally posted by wylliezx9r

Rizla sponsored Suzuki in British Superbikes & MotoGP for many seasons.

yes they sponsored superbikes, therefore sticker up your suzuki whatever bike in rizla colours, fine, its a replica, but what are you trying to represent on a 7? that your 7 is a suzuki superbike? or you're making a replica superbike 7? or you're spondsored by rizla? no, none of the above

Mr C - 16/7/12 at 07:36 PM

I don't mind the Rizla look, the link being the suzuki hayabusa engined car. Football shirts are ok if gong to a match or watching it down a pub etc, otherwise the mark of a chav (imo of course)

Stott - 16/7/12 at 07:51 PM

I must be a nob then cos if I had a corolla with a wrc tte kit it'd be wearing castrol livery!

It's only crap if it's a bad job/replica IMO, and as for the rizzla suzukis, I get it, put a gixxer lump in the car, make it look gixxer ish, it's a good colour scheme so I don't see the problem.

The same as the car bizzle had (I think) gsxr colours with huge graphics

Was it a gixxer bike? No

Did it look awesome? Yes

Atb
Chav

[Edited on 16/7/12 by Stott]

rdodger - 16/7/12 at 08:14 PM

I like it!

Alan B - 17/7/12 at 02:08 PM

Other than the spoiler I like it too...but then again I'm building a 3-seater so I would like it I guess....