Board logo

Go pro3
brookie - 18/5/14 at 11:42 PM

So am in Florida at the moment , so thought I would go price a go pro3 black up ,least I can get one for is $399 went in to a shop today and ask them price for one ,bloke said $449 so I said ok and went to walk out off shop bloke at back of counter said what up , so I said I can get cheaper from some where else so then he said ok I will do it for $300 I found this strange and don't now what to do now

Andi - 19/5/14 at 07:00 AM

I had this in the states in a photography shop with a CF memory card. They took over half the asking price off it before I purchased it.
Seems standard practice over there.

Andi

David Jenkins - 19/5/14 at 08:19 AM

Don't forget the taxes that will be added onto the agreed price! There may well be state and city taxes that bump up the total - it's usual to quote prices before tax in the US.

It's worth asking before committing yourself...

brookie - 19/5/14 at 01:43 PM

Ok thanks

ChrisW - 20/5/14 at 12:09 AM

£260 is about going rate for a 3+ black here. Note '3+', not '3' as you mention in your post.

I'm told by a mate who is a GoPro dealer that the sub-£300 ones are grey imports and the UK wholesale price is around £300. When I pushed him though he also admitted there was no difference so I might as well buy the cheaper one instead of paying his price. Make of that what you will.

Chris