Board logo

Aylesbury- Trailer help/ideas
number-1 - 8/8/12 at 03:11 PM

Does anyone know where i can rent a trailer to get my BEC project 3 miles down the road to the garage for work to be done this friday afternoon? Ive googled my local places but they are all booked out? Im aylesbury, bucks...as is DWR racing where its being taken to

It can be driven as its not road legal.

Cheers

N1

HowardB - 8/8/12 at 03:19 PM

can they not collect on trade plates? or their own transporter?

number-1 - 8/8/12 at 03:21 PM

No mate. DWR is a bike place and they only have bike trailers. Dave Wood is an ex British Super bike racer and he knows his engines hence taking it to him...and hes local to me

HowardB - 8/8/12 at 03:46 PM

ok, it was just a thought, I am sure that there must be some kind person on here that can help,...

mad4x4 - 8/8/12 at 05:46 PM

What bout just driving it ?

or getting the wife to tow you and the car on a rope ?

number-1 - 8/8/12 at 05:48 PM

Theres a few speed humps i dont reckon the car will get over, no lights etc and the clutch is fooked

Im pretty sure that if the wheels are on the ground it has to be insured so cant tow. Trailer will be the best and safets way i reckon

martyn1137 - 8/8/12 at 09:24 PM

Have you tried Helpful Hirings in Aylesbury and Thame. I have hired trailers from them in the past.

number-1 - 8/8/12 at 09:27 PM

Thats the first firm i tried...they are fully booked. Stoke mandeville tyres have a recovery truck...they gave a quote of £5o to bring it from mine, 2 miles down the road to DWR racing...so...i think thats the best i can do for now

ChrisW - 12/8/12 at 02:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by martyn1137
Have you tried Helpful Hirings in Aylesbury and Thame. I have hired trailers from them in the past.

I can vouch for Helpful Hirings having been a regular hirer of their trailers for many years. Great company to deal with and, for the price they charge for a transporter for the day it makes it very difficult to justify owning your own!

Chris