You have to love ferrari replicas!!
iscmatt - 30/6/09 at 10:37 PM

Especially this one!

CLICKY

eccsmk - 30/6/09 at 10:39 PM

im pleased they put "replica" i could hardly tell it apart from the real thing

omega0684 - 30/6/09 at 10:42 PM

balidey - 30/6/09 at 10:46 PM

not sure you put the right link in there, I was expecting to see a ferrari replica

ReMan - 30/6/09 at 10:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by iscmatt
Especially this one!
NO YOU DON'T

chrisg - 30/6/09 at 10:57 PM

Designer reveals new state of the art Ferrari replica hardware...

RK - 1/7/09 at 01:07 AM

So much work, so little payoff. That's why I get frustrated building. I don't want everything to look like p...

MK9R - 1/7/09 at 06:55 AM

the replicas from extreme look great, but my god what a risky job taking the moulds!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X2SmwyksYc

I assume they must rent one for a few weeks to make the mould, or suppose could buy one, and sell it on afterwards! Surely it can't do the paitwork and plastics any good!!

Rek - 1/7/09 at 07:30 AM

Ive also wondered where the real one they take the mould from comes from? and do they tell the person they borrow it from :-)

quote:
Originally posted by MK9R
the replicas from extreme look great, but my god what a risky job taking the moulds!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X2SmwyksYc

I assume they must rent one for a few weeks to make the mould, or suppose could buy one, and sell it on afterwards! Surely it can't do the paitwork and plastics any good!!

[Edited on 1/7/09 by Rek]

iank - 1/7/09 at 07:37 AM

I read in a magazine years ago about a countach replica that was made by taking a mould from a rented one. Made a right mess of the original apparently.

bigpig - 1/7/09 at 07:38 AM

I think it was in one of the kit car mags a couple of months back.

In one case they hired the car for the weekend, took it to a back street garage and took molds off it.

I think from the article the rental car needed a bit of T-Cut after.

andyd - 1/7/09 at 07:54 AM

Surely the original manufacturer has grounds to take legal action against them.

They are essentially reproducing their car I assume without permission.

I know the "car" underneath isn't anything like the real thing but the shape/styling must be copyrighted surely.

MK9R - 1/7/09 at 07:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andyd
Surely the original manufacturer has grounds to take legal action against them.

They are essentially reproducing their car I assume without permission.

I know the "car" underneath isn't anything like the real thing but the shape/styling must be copyrighted surely.

I was thinking that, but i suppose its not going to steal any real lambo or fezza customers. What about companies that make aftermarket panels for the everyday tintops, i assume they must have some kind of licence??

Guinness - 1/7/09 at 09:20 AM

I'm in two minds about the Lambo rep from Extreme. Yes it's visually accurate and looks great, and is probably the only way I'd be able to afford a Lambo.

But, it's never going to go like a Lambo is it? I mean it'll go like an MR2 with an extra 300 kgs of fibreglass stuck on it.

So you're driving along looking all cool, but are going to come a cropper if anyone wants a race?

Mike

Mr Whippy - 1/7/09 at 10:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Guinness

So you're driving along looking all cool, but are going to come a cropper if anyone wants a race?

Mike

then you do the 'your not worthy' thing and turn your nose up ignoring them

DaveFJ - 1/7/09 at 10:56 AM

chevy ls10 engine isnt going to cost too much......

mad4x4 - 1/7/09 at 11:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Guinness
I'm in two minds about the Lambo rep from Extreme. Yes it's visually accurate and looks great, and is probably the only way I'd be able to afford a Lambo.

But, it's never going to go like a Lambo is it? I mean it'll go like an MR2 with an extra 300 kgs of fibreglass stuck on it.

Mike

Better to spend the Dosh on tuning up the MR2 to blow them away> I prefer to see a Standard car with perfomance than a car made up to look like a performance car but with out the performance.

the_fbi - 1/7/09 at 11:39 AM

Tell you what though, this one looks OK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgGcA5-OnOo&NR=1

Those last 3 pictures are pretty amazing.
http://www.extreme-sportscars.com/360/q&a.htm

[Edited on 1/7/09 by the_fbi]

Confused but excited. - 1/7/09 at 12:18 PM

Surely that should be spelled Wrecklica?
You can definately see the Panzer influence in the design.