Board logo

Follow up on my carbon fiber thread (8 things that shouldn't be made of carbon fiber)
iscmatt - 18/3/10 at 01:08 AM

Looks the website agreed with a lot of us

HERE are some ridiculous things made of carbon fiber

Edited for a better link

[Edited on 18/3/10 by iscmatt]

blakep82 - 18/3/10 at 01:12 AM

i really want a carbon fibre bog seat for my black and white bathroom... can't find one that fits my toilet though

balidey - 18/3/10 at 07:47 AM

From my previous comments I don't really see the need to carbon everything...... but I WANT THAT CF LOO

And I do have a carbon fibre coffee coaster, and I now have some more offcuts to make a mouse mat too.

Wrong application for material use makes me, an engineer, shudder in disgust. But that loo is fantastic. Imagine how much faster you could crap on that

Miks15 - 18/3/10 at 08:13 AM

Is it wrong to think that CF ipod looks quite cool? apart from the ear bits att he corners for bolts?

iscmatt - 18/3/10 at 08:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
i really want a carbon fibre bog seat for my black and white bathroom... can't find one that fits my toilet though

I've just come across this website, is this any good for you blakep82

LINK

iscmatt - 18/3/10 at 08:40 AM

OK so there is loads of stuff made out of it!!

LINK

FFTS - 18/3/10 at 09:09 AM

quote:

Or do you mean your arse hahaha.

Oh and sorry everyone.. how ignorant of me!

HAPPY FLANGE DAY to you all.

[Edited on 18/3/10 by FFTS]

woodster - 18/3/10 at 10:16 AM

i like the chop sticks ...... normal chop sticks can get heavy at one of those all you can eat buffets

twybrow - 18/3/10 at 10:31 AM

quote:

I have a mould sat in our lab that we made for a retirement gift. It must have been the most advanced toilet seat in the world! Awesome!

blakep82 - 18/3/10 at 10:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by iscmatt
quote:

I've just come across this website, is this any good for you blakep82

LINK

the universal type seats don't fit mine

jlparsons - 18/3/10 at 11:11 AM

Agree with them all except the CF guitar. Lots of sustain, low weight, got to be good for a stage musician... Looks a bit naf mind.

eddie99 - 18/3/10 at 11:16 AM

I think most of them looks quite cool, but hey, thats my young opinion

scootz - 18/3/10 at 01:13 PM

I can think of a 9th thing that shouldn't be made out of Carbon Fibre... Stirling Moss's lift!

iti_uk - 18/3/10 at 01:14 PM

The guitar - no, just..... no. A guitar's body does make a difference to the noise it makes, even on an electric.

The chopsticks... interesting, but no. If bamboo or cheap wood chopsticks are too heavy for you, these won't help you...

The toilet is pretty cool - is that the one on that mostly carbon powerboat James May was on when he raced the Hamster along the coast of the Med'?

Eek...

Chris

David Jenkins - 18/3/10 at 01:18 PM

I remember watching a program on Sky (How it's made?) that showed a carbon-fibre cello being made.

They reckoned that it was a lot more stable in varying temperature and humidity, and a lot less delicate...

[Edited on 18/3/10 by David Jenkins]