Board logo

potterton ep2002?
aka Keith - 3/9/10 at 07:36 PM

in the last couple of weeks my potterton ep2002 controller keeps blowing fuses in the plug. Anyone any ideas as to why?

Cheers
Craig

Daddylonglegs - 3/9/10 at 08:32 PM

'cos it's too early to put the heating on, It's only September so the boiler say's NO!

goaty - 3/9/10 at 10:58 PM

sometimes they breakdown internally. replace it and it prob solve the issue.
are you sure its the programmer though and not the valve? when exactly does it do it?

goaty - 3/9/10 at 10:59 PM

sometimes they breakdown internally. replace it and it prob solve the issue.
are you sure its the programmer though and not the valve? when exactly does it do it?

mangogrooveworkshop - 4/9/10 at 05:27 AM

Its cause its a potterton
Ive got a BAXI ANTARTICA the model formerly known as the Barcelona. Worst brand ever

Have you got the schematic?

lewis - 4/9/10 at 07:29 AM

The circuit board is a common fault on those they are on mk6 at the mo!! Just had ours replaced last month,a resistor burns out and causes all sorts of different symptoms/problems it cost us £320 with a service :-(

lewis - 4/9/10 at 07:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
'cos it's too early to put the heating on, It's only September so the boiler say's NO!

How do you think he gets hot water doughnut ;-)

goaty - 4/9/10 at 03:00 PM

programmers are only cheap to replace, just clips on and off too. no wiring if straight swap.

aka Keith - 5/9/10 at 11:01 AM

Thanks everyone. replaced the programmer unit and it still randonly blew a fuse in the plug a couple of hours later.

Works fine if hot water only, seems to blow a fuse only when set to do hot water and central heating.

I think that it may be the motorised valve, that is causing the overload.

next job to be done, I take it.
cheers
Craig