Board logo

Grow a tash in aid of prostate cancer........now with progress photos inside
mads - 18/10/10 at 02:37 PM

Dear all,
Following on from my previous post about growing a tash and needing a team name, I would like to invite you all to join the growing club of modern gentlemen who believe in the virtues of fine moustachery, immaculate grooming and growing a moustache for Movember. I am looking for like-minded ladies and gentlemen to join my team to change the face of men’s health.

Movember is about raising funds and awareness for men's health, specifically prostate cancer. Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men. One man dies every hour from the disease in the UK.

It’s time we did something about this.

The more people we get on board, the more lives we can impact. I am asking you to join the team and either grow a moustache as a Mo Bro, or join as a Mo Sista to help us on our journey.

To join my Movember team go to http://uk.movember.com/register/100538 and follow the steps. Once registered you'll be sent all the information you need to raise funds and start growing as part of my Movember team.

To see the impact Movember citizens are already making, follow this link http://uk.movemberfoundation.com/research-and-programs.

As you can see, it is all for a good cause and a bit of fun on the way. As there are so many men on this website, I have no doubt that there are a number of us who may have been affected or will be affected by prostate problems. Similarly, for the ladies on the forum it could affect your man, dad, brother, son, nephew, uncle etc.

I hope you join me to change the face of men’s health.

Regards,

Atif

[Edited on 18/10/10 by mads]

[Edited on 7-11-10 by Fozzie]

nick205 - 18/10/10 at 04:25 PM

Now this thread is going to need photos - lots of photos before and after

mads - 18/10/10 at 04:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Now this thread is going to need photos - lots of photos before and after

lol... definitely... just need people to join up! Come on Nick, be the first the volunteer your top lip for a good cause!

TimEllershaw - 18/10/10 at 04:50 PM

We joined the "Tashback" appeal a couple of years ago. Raised about £500 :

My wife has promised to divorce me if I ever grow a tash again....

...tempting

mads - 18/10/10 at 05:07 PM

lol Tim... great pic!!! I'm sure you could persuade her into letting you grow one for just a month!

liam.mccaffrey - 18/10/10 at 06:28 PM

Im in !

mad4x4 - 18/10/10 at 07:55 PM

I'm in

Before we start

This is not going to be pretty

mads - 18/10/10 at 08:06 PM

Thank you both. Come on the rest of you... there's been 194 views of this topic and only two joined up - so what if you will look ridiculous with a Mo for one month

skodaman - 18/10/10 at 08:09 PM

Maybe the rest of us already look ridiculous.

mad4x4 - 18/10/10 at 08:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by skodaman
Maybe the rest of us already look ridiculous.

I do.... I proved it by posting my mugshot! So come on Grow a TASH

Off topic slightly - Google - COLONOSCOPY thats not fun either.......

[Edited on 18/1010/10 by mad4x4]

Andybarbet - 18/10/10 at 08:24 PM

Ive already got one, well, its a goaty but my wife said she will wear a fake tash and join in, shes serious too - we will post up some pics here to prove it, she said she will even wear it at work.

What do you reckon ??? Should she ?

Before anyone comments, she cant grow one ! Honest

Good luck chaps

mads - 18/10/10 at 08:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andybarbet
Ive already got one, well, its a goaty but my wife said she will wear a fake tash and join in, shes serious too - we will post up some pics here to prove it, she said she will even wear it at work.

What do you reckon ??? Should she ?

Before anyone comments, she cant grow one ! Honest

Good luck chaps

Definitely do it!!! She can be a Mo Sista!! Get her to sign up and then she add photos to the Movember site and get people to donate there.

Andy - you could always change from a goatee to something a bit more wacky...
Go to: http://uk.movember.com/the-lodge/

and then click on the photo above the fireplace to look at International Movember of the Year

liam.mccaffrey - 18/10/10 at 09:02 PM

skodaman - 18/10/10 at 11:14 PM

What I meant was I've already got one.

mad4x4 - 19/10/10 at 05:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by skodaman
What I meant was I've already got one.

Well shave it OFF and start again for MO VEMBER - if your lucky you may only look silly for a few days at the START.

mads - 20/10/10 at 03:36 PM

come on gents (and ladies), I do not believe that there have been over 300 views and only 2 people have signed up!

Andybarbet - 20/10/10 at 08:34 PM

As per U2U, me and the wife are in, does anyone have any pointers on where she can get a fake tash ???

mads - 21/10/10 at 06:54 AM

I think she should get one of these:

Fancy Dress Costume Squire Gentleman Tash Moustache on eBay (end time 25-Nov-10 16:17:21 GMT)

[Edited on 21/10/10 by mads]

Andybarbet - 21/10/10 at 12:23 PM

Im loving that tash, might just order it before she looks at the picture

PERFECT !

mads - 22/10/10 at 12:06 PM

lol... harsh!!! I've just got one of my colleagues to participate and she is going to MAKE a moustache for herself!

MikeR - 22/10/10 at 02:50 PM

from ???

Andybarbet - 22/10/10 at 06:07 PM

Surely not from her own offcuts ???

mads - 23/10/10 at 05:44 PM

lol... no (at least I dont think so). I will keep you updated on her progress.

Andy - you bought that tash for your wife yet?!

Andybarbet - 23/10/10 at 06:18 PM

Well, she has decided on a nice jet black tash because she is a blonde that should stand out even better !

Mind you, i got blonde facial hair so may need some black magic marker to make it stand out for me

Got a kid free day tomorrow so apart from some garage time, we will sort out registering & tash buying, should be a right laugh.

Anyone else up for it ???

mads - 24/10/10 at 12:38 PM

i'm surprised at the lack of enthusiasm for this. particularly as it can affect one in ten men.

I managed to get an article in the weekly update that goes around at work as most of the men in my dept are doing it so will be seen by approx 3000 people. Also planning to get a snippet in the local newspaper next week hopefully

mads - 27/10/10 at 08:25 PM

Welcome "Little Mo" - the team mascot!! Made kindly by one of my colleagues at work.

Little Mo
Little Mo

Andybarbet - 27/10/10 at 08:28 PM

If i spread the word around my mates, do you want them to join your team if i can persuade any of them ??

mads - 27/10/10 at 08:32 PM

yeah, more the merrier! I have no objections to anyone joining the team as long as they get in the spirit of things, grow a moustache and can raise some money.

Still not noticed you or Mrs Barbet joined yet Andy?!

Andybarbet - 27/10/10 at 08:43 PM

We are on there mate, just gotta charge me razor up and im away

Will spread the word mate

GO TASH FORCE DELTA ha haaaa !

Andybarbet - 27/10/10 at 08:57 PM

I think im gonna try and grow the 'Trucker' or 'Rockstar'

mads - 28/10/10 at 09:51 AM

mine kind of depends on what I can actually grow.... may be interesting!

Andybarbet - 31/10/10 at 10:27 PM

Just about to go have a shave, good luck everyone who is going for it

damajin - 1/11/10 at 01:12 PM

I know I'm kind of late to this post, but it's now the start of Movember and I'm joining in:
http://uk.movember.com/mospace/871830/

Decided to go for the full handlebar comedy hulk hogan style tash this year. Last year it looked like Magnum PIs

mads - 5/11/10 at 10:22 AM

glad to hear you're also doing it damajin.

hows everyone's moustaches coming along? Mine is still at a stubble stage but am hoping that by mid next week there will be an obvious Mo there - i will post up pics when there is.

can't decide what to grow though. If it grew fast enough I'd be aiming for a Dick Strawbridge! Might have to pop to the pharmacy and get some Regaine for my face...

mads - 7/11/10 at 07:38 PM

well, as promised... here are some pics to show the progress.

Day 1 - nice and clean shaven, ready to go to work.
Day 1
Day 1

Day 7 - the stubble is long enough for me to start grooming this mo!
Day 7 pre-grooming
Day 7 pre-grooming

Day 7 - post-shave and ready to be ridiculed at work in the morning... oh dear!
Day 7
Day 7

Andybarbet - 7/11/10 at 08:54 PM

Well, being pretty blondeish, mine is not as impressive yet but theres still 3 weeks to go, i reckon a few more days and i will start looking like a complete prat

Keep meaning to load up some pics to the Mo site.

Emily is not proper tashing it yet cos ya cant get stubble tashes that stick on !

Keep it up

TimEllershaw - 15/11/10 at 03:46 PM

Reached the half way point, now time to start shaping the fuzz into comical shapes.

mad4x4 - 16/11/10 at 07:32 PM

Ok as promised

Day 16 - Looks like I have only bee growing 4 days - AAAAA it looks pathetic

mad4x4 - 16/11/10 at 07:33 PM

Ok as promised

DAy16
DAy16

mad4x4 - 16/11/10 at 07:33 PM

Ok as promised

DAy16
DAy16

Andybarbet - 23/11/10 at 11:10 PM

Hows everyone doing ???

Im trying to upload pics from new phone but notsucceeding.

Need some pointers on raising some more sponsorship cash too, is there a poster i can download and put up at work ??

Still thinking of dyeing my blonde tash a better colour

mads - 24/11/10 at 01:20 PM

There is a poster available for your to download if you log in to the Movember site and click on Downloads. There are also sponsorship forms for you to download and print out too.

mad4x4 - 29/11/10 at 07:59 AM

Well,
Day 29 and the tash has come in - not that impressive but hey........ At least I took part.

Description
Description

Andybarbet - 29/11/10 at 10:09 PM

Well, mine is none too impressive either, very blonde and definately not long enough to shape but hey ho, its been fun and still a day to go

Movember 2010 Andy
Movember 2010 Andy

[Edited on 29/11/10 by Andybarbet]

Andybarbet - 29/11/10 at 10:38 PM

Heres the wifes tash, i must say shes done much better than me ??

Strangely dark facial hair for a blonde girl to !

[img][/img]

TimEllershaw - 30/11/10 at 02:04 PM

quote:
Strangely dark facial hair for a blonde girl to !

*cough* Collar and Cuffs ? *cough*

TimEllershaw - 30/11/10 at 02:07 PM

Final Day

Had enough of this now....

...but I'll miss it when it's gone

Andybarbet - 30/11/10 at 10:39 PM

*cough* yep, curtains & carpet *cough*

Im heading now to shave the beastie off.

Well done Mo Bro's & Sista's

liam.mccaffrey - 6/12/10 at 10:47 AM

I'm really proud of mine #
I do have a better photo

[Edited on 6/12/10 by liam.mccaffrey]

TimEllershaw - 6/12/10 at 11:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by liam.mccaffrey
I'm really proud of mine #
[Edited on 6/12/10 by liam.mccaffrey]

Excellent work !

mads - 30/12/10 at 01:24 PM

well, final sum raised to date is £1350!! very happy with this

Andybarbet - 30/12/10 at 03:08 PM

Fantastic

mads - 27/10/11 at 05:34 PM

Hello all,

Moustache Season is upon us, so I’ve decided to register (again) for Movember and embrace the hair of the wild. I’ve pledged to cultivate a genuine 100% face grown moustache for 30 days to raise awareness and funds for men’s health, specifically prostate and testicular cancer.

Now, I’m on the hunt for fellow trusty and fearless pioneers to join me by signing up to my team. Together we can change the face of men’s health.

To join my Movember team go to https://www.movember.com/uk/register/details/team_id/285052

Movember is about raising funds and awareness for men's health, specifically prostate cancer and testicular cancer. Did you know one man dies every hour from prostate cancer in the UK each year and more than 2,000 men will be diagnosed with testicular cancer this year.
The more people we can get to become Citizens of Movember, the more lives we can impact. You can either grow a moustache as a Mo Bro, or join as a Mo Sista to show your support and help recruit other Mo growers to the team.

Once registered, Movember will send you all the information you need to raise funds and start raising awareness for men’s health as part of my Movember team.

If you’d like to find out more about the type of work you’d be helping to fund by supporting Movember, take a look at the Programmes We Fund section on the Movember website: http://uk.movember.com/about

Please join me at https://www.movember.com/uk/register/details/team_id/285052

welderman - 28/10/11 at 08:59 AM

Hmmm

mads - 28/10/11 at 04:05 PM

C'mon Joe, you know you want to do it!

Johneturbo - 1/11/11 at 04:24 PM

Trying to join your team Mads, i'm johneturMO but the site is playing up a little at the Mo!

welderman - 1/11/11 at 04:49 PM

I've tried to but no movement

Andybarbet - 1/11/11 at 07:45 PM

Good luck guys, im not doing it this year due to loads on my plate workwise & homewise but i cant wait to see the progress & results

Anything has to be better than my poor excuse for a tash last year but it was well worth it for the strang comments i got & the money we raised

Its for a great cause so get those tashes growing !

We definately need some pics..

All the best - Andy

welderman - 1/11/11 at 09:08 PM

well ive joined the team

[Edited on 1/11/11 by welderman]

McLannahan - 1/11/11 at 09:26 PM

Nice earing Joe....

welderman - 1/11/11 at 09:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by McLannahan
Nice earing Joe....

I know. Saw it but thought nutsack leave it lol

Johneturbo - 1/11/11 at 09:43 PM

Me on day 1

I'm going for the full comedy handle bar look, no offence to anyone that has that look of course

MakeEverything - 1/11/11 at 09:54 PM

quote:
Well, mine is none too impressive either, very blonde and definately not long enough to shape but hey ho, its been fun and still a day to go

Movember 2010 Andy
Movember 2010 Andy

[Edited on 29/11/10 by Andybarbet]

Mate, thats what youve normally got! Get some handlebar action going on, now that would be funny.

Johneturbo - 30/11/11 at 06:15 PM

Well done everyone who took part/donated do we have a final sum Mads?

i'm gona miss my furry friend Movember
Movember

mads - 1/12/11 at 01:21 PM

Not yet. If everyone who participated can pay in their monies to the website, can have a total sum. If anyone would still like to donate, then there is still time. Just click here and donate online or U2U if you want to pay by cheque.

welderman - 1/12/11 at 02:17 PM

MOvember
MOvember

liam.mccaffrey - 1/12/11 at 03:07 PM

joe, you look terrifying quality

wombat - 1/12/11 at 03:12 PM

Myself and 3 work colleagues have raised 890 quid and still going up !
250,000 people signed up in uk and worldwide its somewhere near 63 million so far

Wow !

welderman - 1/12/11 at 04:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by liam.mccaffrey
joe, you look terrifying quality

mates think i look like Bronson (the one locked up in prison) lol