Board logo

Old Photo and popular knowledge test
jollygreengiant - 21/7/13 at 04:05 PM

Ok then folks I'm putting this out THERE to the greater cosmos, ONE of you is bound to know something more than I do at this moment. I think its about 1938 (yes I know VERY few of you were around then) and I know for a fact that the gentleman front row right is my Dad. I also have a high confidence that this is a group of Swimmers from the Plaistow (United, unsure if this part was applicable then) Swimming Club. Probably the Water Polo team. Now What ALL the silver ware relates to, - No Idea. As to WHO the rest of the team are, again - No Idea, except that one of them MIGHT be Reginald James Cushing Sutton. So over to you, the usual internet (Google etc) searches have drawn a blank and the one group that might help (Plaistow United Swimming Club, on FB) have been unresponsive so far. Its been of my FB page since about 13:00 hrs 21/07/2013 so lets see who comes up with some answers (proof of answer would be nice). Thanks Lads.

steve m - 21/7/13 at 06:45 PM

And the winner of the best mankini goes to ..................

robocog - 21/7/13 at 07:35 PM

try the forum link on the below website?
http://www.newhamstory.com/node/1997

Could be worth a posting and see what comes back

Regards
Rob

Peteff - 21/7/13 at 10:57 PM

Your dad's name could help in a search combined with Reginald James Cushing Sutton.

jollygreengiant - 22/7/13 at 05:14 PM

Well if nothing else I seem to have managed to find Reginald James Cushing Sutton's daughter through Ancestry.co.uk, apparently the family now live in Australia and he was a Doctor. Just waiting to hear back from her now.