Board logo

washing machine
theconrodkid - 20/2/03 at 06:42 PM

i didnt know weather to post here or the BEC section,i have a hoover washing machine and when it fills it wont stop till the kitchen has at least 6" of water on the floor,any ideas???

Mark Allanson - 20/2/03 at 06:51 PM

I think TOL has a section for this

DO NOT post washing machine enquiries in this section, it isn't clever and it isn't funny. Perhaps you should 'consider' leaving this site and joining another with less strict rules on the matter

PS, I think some guy is looking for the motor to put in his Bond Bug!

johnston - 20/2/03 at 06:53 PM

mine done that it was a fuse stuck in the pump stopping it from emptying

thatll teach my ma for not checkin my overall pockets

johnston - 20/2/03 at 06:55 PM

mine done that it was a fuse stuck in the pump stopping it from emptying

thatll teach my ma for not checkin my overall pockets

RoadkillUK - 20/2/03 at 07:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
i didnt know weather to post here or the BEC section,i have a hoover washing machine and when it fills it wont stop till the kitchen has at least 6" of water on the floor,any ideas???

Better drainage in the kitchen?

chrisg - 20/2/03 at 08:00 PM

John, as an expert on these maters, my considered opinion is that it is f*cked.

Cheers

Washing machine repair man

paulf - 20/2/03 at 11:07 PM

Check out the pressure switch in the back of the machine .It is a disk like object with some connections to the electrical circuits and a waterpipe to the drum.The rise in internal pressure when the machine fills changes over the contacts. The pipe may have come loose or the unit may be knackered, spares are usually fairly easy to get.
Paul.

quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid

theconrodkid - 20/2/03 at 11:36 PM

cheers paul ill have a look at the weekend anyone fancy free swiming lessons or is a lifeguard mail me now

bob - 21/2/03 at 09:00 AM

I reckon you left a spanner in yer jeans

kingr - 21/2/03 at 11:02 AM

What about the haynes washing machine book (no joke) ?

Kingr

Peteff - 21/2/03 at 11:25 AM

Ours did this a while back, along with occasionally filling overnight at random intervals when not switched on. It was poltertgeist activity. Oh no, it was the solenoid on the cold fill where the hose comes in not shutting off completely, often confused with poltergeists. Only cost about a tenner for a replacement.

yours, Pete

theconrodkid - 21/2/03 at 07:50 PM

ill take my magic axe to it sunday,if it dont work anyone want the motor for their bond bug???

scutter - 21/2/03 at 09:06 PM

Not after the motor, but would consider the drum for a heat sheald

Dan.

chrisg - 21/2/03 at 09:19 PM

quote:

What about the haynes washing machine book (no joke) ?

I've seen this book and I was tempted, but I got of mental picture of me sitting on the kitchen floor surrounded by belts and electrics and bits of stainless, and then turning the page to read those words you dread.....................

REASSEMBLY IS A SIMPLE REVERSAL OF THE ABOVE.............aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Throw it out John.

Cheers

Chris

Peteff - 22/2/03 at 12:17 AM

drivebelt the connect and top open the through drum the Insert. Sounds simple pretty me to. Am I on the right page here.

yours, Pete.

theconrodkid - 22/2/03 at 02:45 PM

sorted
hit the pressure sensing valve with a heavy object and off she goes for anotherb 25 tears