Board logo

PS3 - whos looking forward to it?
foobar_666uk - 14/3/07 at 03:45 PM

Any ordered a PS3 yet?

speedyxjs - 14/3/07 at 03:57 PM

Im afraid il have to wait till the price comes down a bit.

davie h - 14/3/07 at 04:03 PM

i have only just been allowed by the wife to start getting organised for a build i would love to see her face if i came home with a ps3.

millemg - 14/3/07 at 04:09 PM

I just bought a PS2 from Asda for £49......I got Gran Turismo 4 off Fleabay for £8......... fanfukkintastic !!!

Just look what car I just won !!!!

Blade engined too..!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GUBuI-2mkjs&mode=related&search=

[Edited on 14/3/07 by millemg]

greggors84 - 14/3/07 at 04:13 PM

Apparently you can still pre order them and get them on the launch date. I think the high price is putting people off!

It is silly expensive though!

tri - 14/3/07 at 05:41 PM

i am getting one it should be getting delivered to my house on friday but we'll wait and see i guess.

Tri

DIY Si - 14/3/07 at 06:19 PM

From what I've heard many aren't buying the European spec version, as it can't play many of the PS2 games. The US and Jap spec ones can apparently.

MikeR - 14/3/07 at 09:16 PM

yep thats right, there is a c*ck up in the european version. Brother explained it (games developer) but i can't remember what it is now.

Seem to recall it wasn't easily fixable - ie a software download / patch wouldn't magically make it go away.

If you do get one, put it online ASAP. It will download lots of updates and patches. The european ones should be a lot better but the first Jap ones almost couldn't run without being patched.

scoobyis2cool - 14/3/07 at 10:41 PM

I'm waiting until a) it doesn't cost the earth and b) GTA4 comes out. The GTA games are about all I ever play on my PS2

Pete

G.Man - 14/3/07 at 11:04 PM

nah, will stick to my xbox360..

who needs blu-ray

Mr Whippy - 15/3/07 at 09:01 AM

same here my 360's just great, pity the games are so expensive

I still haven’t used it on line though

[Edited on 15/3/07 by Mr Whippy]

trogdor - 15/3/07 at 10:42 AM

thats the best bit of xbox gameplay! we used tp play halo 2 on xbox live, was so much fun kicking american ass! until the europeans came on and thrashed us. this was dependant on time of day.

Mr Whippy - 15/3/07 at 10:51 AM

yeah I'll have to give it a go sometime, maybe on a car game once I have got good at it. Don't fancy going up against some one how spends 90% of their life on it

greggors84 - 15/3/07 at 01:45 PM

As said, going to wait till GTA4 and GT5 or whatever they will be called are coming out.

Apparently there is a preview of GT called GT HD that is can be downloaded through the console. One track and 8 cars or something.

Apparently the Euro one hasnt got a certain chip in so only about half the ps2 games will work.