Board logo

Autotesting - Tyres
IainB - 17/5/07 at 10:25 PM

Well my mum and I have finally got an autotest car ('91 twin carb Civic!) and we need some sticky tyres for the front, we have a few options when it comes to wheels. Remember, I'm on student budget!

Original steels are 13"
We have a set of 14" 'loys from a CRX
Or I could try get a set of some wider/lighter 13'"

We will prob stick to original 13" on the rear with skinny tyres as we need the back to slide around a bit. What would be the best wheel/tyre combination on the front? I cant afford Toyo 888s or the like so was thinking about Yoko A539s as the car will get used in the wet occasionally. Opinions gents?

Here's the pic + vid of my last run, dont laugh! This was I'm my mum's CRX and thats her laughing at the end! She wanted to be passenger when I was driving so I didn't rag her car too hard

Video

There were several C****hams at the event which spent most of the time going backwards due to the rain. Looked like fun though!

Thanks,
Iain

[Edited on 17/5/07 by IainB]

jimgiblett - 18/5/07 at 10:33 AM

Hi Iain

I have a set of four 185/60/14 Colway F2 cut slicks (3 are legal) which would be ideal. If you have anyone going from Sussex up your way you are welcome to them.

- Jim (ex X1/9er)

forgot to mention that they are cr*p in the wet with my Phoenix but possibly better with a heavier car.

[Edited on 18/5/07 by jimgiblett]