Board logo

Zetec Exhaust Manifold
albertz - 21/1/09 at 09:05 PM

I have been looking for an exhaust manifold for my Zetec installation and came across this advert on Ebay...

Ebay link

From viewing the sellers shop it seems to be Lolocost, has anyone had any experience of Lolocost recently and in particular this manifold? Please feel free to send me a U2U if your comments are of a sensitive nature!

It seems like a decent price?

Any comments appreciated, as always.

tomgregory2000 - 21/1/09 at 09:10 PM

i haven't had any dealings but those bends dont look good

chris-p-duck - 21/1/09 at 09:16 PM

I got my zetec manifold from them. Well mine came from Great British Sportscars which is the new(ish) name for Robin Hood who I think own lolocost. The pipe is really quite good. Good quality and fits the engine perfectly.

I have had some less than perfect experiences with RH in the past but this item was fine.

Chris

albertz - 21/1/09 at 09:32 PM

Chris,

Is yours a standard chassis Locost, if so, how does the exhaust fit around the chassis members, is it quite a good fit?

I have a great big gaping hole in the lower side panel where my old Toyota exhaust used to exit, this exhaust appears to be through the bonnet, which would make my life easier in some respects.

A stainless steel plate will soon disguise the hole in the lower panel!

Oops, just noticed that you have a Robin Hood!! Anyone with a standard chassis Locost know about the fit?

[Edited on 21/1/09 by albertz]

DavidW - 21/1/09 at 11:02 PM

I asked about these last week and got fairly good reports.

I phoned GBS who were very helpful (dare I say it, moreso than MK) so I ordered one - couldn't resist the price

It should arrive next week, I'll update my original thread when it arrives.

David

Danozeman - 22/1/09 at 07:18 AM

Fot that price the look good. I paid nearly double that for a fisher manifold.

Theyr better through the bonnet than the side panel aswell as if you change your engine a bonnet is easier replaced than a side.

supercat - 22/1/09 at 02:16 PM

Does anyone have one of these and are the bends 'squashed'?

Cheers,
James

chris-p-duck - 22/1/09 at 09:21 PM

Yup I have one........

No squashed bends.

I have a photo in my gallery.............

Chris

supercat - 23/1/09 at 12:30 PM

Thanks for that. Do you know what the output pipe size is? 2.5 inch?

Cheers,
James