Board logo

Cvh engines???
R1_striker - 11/9/12 at 05:42 PM

Can anyone help out with a tad bit of info?

Mate went to get his little xr2 running the other day to use for his wedding. running on 3, water got in the bore, scored, wrecked, bugger. long story short, is a 1800 block the same? i know the bore is the same, but not sure about the rest. Every thing i read seam to tell me different things.

anyone know? thanks

snapper - 11/9/12 at 06:02 PM

Feriday engineering seem to think its a straight swap, I would think its a bit taller and mountings may be different.
If you transplanted the complete 1800 CVH and all fuel and spark it should be ok
Not sure about the gearbox but the MT75 fits in the Sierra so standard Ford bellhousing pattern

loggyboy - 11/9/12 at 06:49 PM

From burton power tuning guide:

The only rear wheel drive version was available in the Sierra in 1800cc format. Sierra engines were based on US-spec 1905cc units and share few components with the smaller CVH engines. However, their thicker block was popular with 1900cc conversions, particularly RS Turbos.

will121 - 12/9/12 at 06:27 AM

I believe its not a easy swap but as said above may be possible used as a 1900 upgrade, but I would think easier to rebuild what he has or get a replacement engine, I just scrapped a 1600 cvh engine as worth more as scrap than to sell complete

FASTdan - 12/9/12 at 09:28 AM

Not the same unfortunately and really not worth the hastle of swapping the full engine.