Board logo

leaking re build
Valtra - 20/5/13 at 11:56 PM

Anybody used this and can recommend it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251251881056&clk_rvr_id=481820870857

snapper - 21/5/13 at 05:59 AM

Which bit is leaking?

SCAR - 21/5/13 at 06:29 AM

It fixed the leak on my Citroen's heater matrix over a year ago

Valtra - 21/5/13 at 07:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by snapper
Which bit is leaking?

I suspect it could be the newly fitted Head gasket but I can't be sure , the "pig to fit" inlet manifold could also be a source . there is also some seepage around the top hose union casting ( which would have been a thermostat housing on earlier incarnations of the engine) so all in all not good . I realized once the engine was in that I should have fitted the inlet manifold
before putting it in as access was extremely difficult and the sealing compound was disturbed numerous times before I could tighten anything properly . The block was surface planed and the head had been skimmed recently in mileage terms but not during this rebuild .

not what I wanted

SCAR - 21/5/13 at 08:37 AM

Forget the K seal and get the spanners out.

Peteff - 21/5/13 at 08:46 AM

It worked on a pin hole leak in a friend's Land Rover radiator but for a gasket leak I would fix the problem not try to work round it.

Valtra - 21/5/13 at 12:38 PM

I thought you'd say that ....

demoralizing after such a painstaking re-build and re- engineer (see injection thread) to have got something fundamentally wrong .

Valtra - 4/6/13 at 09:36 PM

Struck it up again tonight . fingers crossed no leaks this time when it gets warm or I may blub big time