Excessive flywheel lightening
PaulBuz - 12/5/07 at 05:46 PM

http://boardroom.wscc.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=3;t=52365

speedyxjs - 12/5/07 at 05:51 PM

OMG

graememk - 12/5/07 at 05:53 PM

wow sh1t your pants time

Guinness - 12/5/07 at 05:53 PM

As said on the Westfield forum, if that had happened in a 7 you'd be needing new shins!

Mike

graememk - 12/5/07 at 05:54 PM

shins ?

feet legs arms etc etc etc

[Edited on 12/5/07 by graememk]

Marlon - 12/5/07 at 06:26 PM

I thought that it was bulbs that had shines!?
Although I am now wondering if I tightend the flywheel bolts right? I dont fancy being 3' tall.

john

Confused but excited. - 12/5/07 at 08:39 PM

'KIN ELL!
Standard flywheel it is then.

iank - 12/5/07 at 08:49 PM

Ouch, Lucky it wasn't a mini - aimed right between the clutch and accelerator pedals if you get my meaning.

Proper steel flywheel next time then.

MkIndy7 - 12/5/07 at 10:54 PM

As mentioned in the last post of the link.. it is interesting that the car it was fitted on had a 4 paddle clutch and weather that was a contributing factor.
For it to be fitted with that you would have thought it was running some pretty hight power.

My XE flywheel has been lightned slightly and i've every faith in it.. it depends where the material has been removed from to make it lighter etc (and i've never found the rev-limiter in it yet!)

Same with our Pinto engine, a resonable amount removed from the right places shouldn't be a problem.

locostv8 - 13/5/07 at 07:09 AM

I'm using a Ford 351 and this is why it will have a Scatter Shield.

Liam - 13/5/07 at 11:37 AM

Last time I checked, our feet are at least a good foot behind the flywheel plane in the sevens. I'd be more concerned about the innocent bystanders

Liam

MikeRJ - 13/5/07 at 12:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Liam
Last time I checked, our feet are at least a good foot behind the flywheel plane in the sevens. I'd be more concerned about the innocent bystanders

Liam

Not in my Striker, my feet would be removed if the flywheel decided to let go. That's why I decided spending a few quid on ARP bolts was worthwhile, but I'd like nice light steel flywheel at some stage.

NS Dev - 13/5/07 at 12:39 PM

Not worth lightening the std one on an XE, deffo get a nice EN16 steel one!

MikeRJ - 13/5/07 at 12:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NS Dev
Not worth lightening the std one on an XE, deffo get a nice EN16 steel one!

Some chap is selling solid steel flyweels with integral ring gear on MIGWeb, but they seem suspiciously cheap to me at £165 delivered?

NS Dev - 13/5/07 at 12:47 PM

Might be ok, give him a call and ask a few questions about what steel they are made of etc. Thts is cheap but not a joke price