Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Good IVA fail notts
nearly done

posted on 3/5/11 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Good IVA fail notts

Tested today at notts with Martin (very helpful and explained every thing he was not happy with and how to fix it)
1) 101 DB instead of 99 soon sorted with a strategic washer and some wadding (on Martins advice!)
2) Non tethered fuel cap -done
3)Few dodgy radi- done
4)Speedo not working at all (must have done it when I fixed the hand brake adjuster on Saturday- did not notice until 7.00 this morning!!)
5)Did not like My interpretation of a immobilisor (seperate key operated switch for fuel pump)- does any one have any recommendations for a electronic immobilisor thats easy to fit and cheapish?
6)Wrong type of washer under seat belt bolt head???-Done but WTF.
7)Lock stops set unevenly reulting in different turning circle-easy fix by altering lock stops.
8)Caterham style front indicator pods ordered to replace wobbly monstrosities on nose cone and associated wiring.

So all in all not to bad. Well pleased with how the car goes. Re test booked for end of month so plenty of time to get it sorted. b****y cold this morning with no screen (2`celsius).

Cheers,Sean
Thats it.. pretty pleased

RichardK

posted on 3/5/11 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent mate, not bad at all, should pi55 it on the retest then and just in time for the summer, good timing that man, trust you're suitably beer'd up now

Well done and get the retest booked!

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 3/5/11 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
look for toad immobilisers on ebay. about £30 quid i think. should be an easy fit, well done though. hopefully i'll get mone done at some point this year... lol

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

big_wasa

posted on 3/5/11 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one, hope I do aswell.
Daddylonglegs

posted on 3/5/11 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
^^^^^ Ditto

Well done chap.

Can I take it that the fuel cap still has to be tethered now even if you cannot remove the key until it is locked?

Strange one with the 'wrong washer' thing though???

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

adithorp

posted on 3/5/11 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
^^^^^ Ditto

Well done chap.

Can I take it that the fuel cap still has to be tethered now even if you cannot remove the key until it is locked?

Strange one with the 'wrong washer' thing though???

Cap has to be tethered unless the there is no way the car can be started with the cap off. ie. the same key for ignition and cap and not posible to remove the key with the cap removed. Some people have welded the cap key to the ignition key!

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Daddylonglegs

posted on 3/5/11 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
Seems a bit strange! firstly, who in their right mind is going to separate the ignition key from the fuel cap key and leave the cap off then start the car?? Also, just because a fuel cap is tethered to the car doesn't stop fuel from coming out of the filler when the car is moving.

Just seems more odd than most IVA rules

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.