Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec/MT75
foxcub

posted on 3/4/08 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
Zetec/MT75

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered before but I could not find what I was after;

Here goes,

1. I have a 98 onwards 2.0L Zetec engine and wanted to retain the original inlet manifold and throttle body, what is the most cost effective way of managing this for maximum gain? I have found a kit by Alpha (Webcon?), which is specifically for this task but it is quite expensive at approx £1050. I do not have the original ecu but all the sensors, induction system and coil pack are with the engine.

2. Can the sump be modified and if so what is required taking into account keeping oil surge to a minimum?

3. I have a 1990 2.0l GLSi Sierra from which I would like to use the MT75 gearbox. I was considering a 1.8l Zetec flywheel coupled with a 2.0l clutch but I have heard that a modified thrust bearing is needed and up rated springs. Is this feasible and are there any other considerations I should take into account?

4. Can the Sierra starter motor be used?

Many thanks in advance for any help / advice given.

Best regards,

Rich

r1_pete

posted on 3/4/08 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
Can't help with the inlet, but Gearbox clutch yes.

There are many ways to do this, none right or wrong, here's what I've done:

Clutch, redrilled the 1.8 flywheel to take the sierra 2.0 DOHC clutch, this clutch matches the gearbox, and I had a brand new one anyway, uses all standard dohc parts including the thrust bearing.

Sump/Starter, I have a QX1220 starter, sierra CVH, pics of the sump mods for mondeo - all ally, and focus - ally tin attached. Its not a 7 type car so shortening wasn't needed.

As well as the attached pics there are pics in my archive of itbuilt up.

[Edited on 3/4/08 by r1_pete]

[Edited on 3/4/08 by r1_pete] Rescued attachment clutch on.JPG
Rescued attachment clutch on.JPG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 3/4/08 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
ally Rescued attachment Ally sump.JPG
Rescued attachment Ally sump.JPG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 3/4/08 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
ally tin Rescued attachment ally tin sump.JPG
Rescued attachment ally tin sump.JPG

tim windmill

posted on 3/4/08 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
i have a 98 2.0l blacktop mated to an mt75 box, i am using the 1.8 zetec flywheel and clutch and a modified release bearing which can be supplied by westfield. i am running megasquirt along with the original throttle body and fuel rail and injectors. i could not use the original inlet manifold as there is not enough room as it fouls the steering arm and the side of the chassis rail so have fitted a GRIFFIN POWER inlet manifold which should allow 150/160bhp, cost wise about £200 for megasquirt,£200 for manifold
zetec

posted on 3/4/08 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
I would avoid the Webcon kit as it can only be mapped or changed by a dealer. Emerald and most others are very user friendly and easy to use, they can also supply loads of maps for free to get you started.

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

foxcub

posted on 6/4/08 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
Thank you for all your replies, some very useful information.

Cheers

Rich

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.