Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Registration Help ....!
jamestziros

posted on 8/5/08 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
Registration Help ....!

Hi All

I am in a bit of bother trying to plan for my registration. I have an SVA date booked for 2 June and want to get it to Les Mans leaving on the 13thJune.

I was trying to get the DVLA office out to inspect the car so they can register it, however:

They have said the process is as follows.

1. Need to pass SVA
2. Submitt V55/5 & V67/1 Build up document with supporting receipts and the like to them.
3. Wait for an inspection appointment.
4. Get registration doc/tax & shit.

I have heard some DVLA offices will do home visits before the SVA - has anyone been able to do this.

I am getting it SVA'd in west London, & the car is kept in Uxbridge, Middlesex, so any DVLA office near there would be good.
I'd appreciate if anyone has any pointers....

James

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
phoenix70

posted on 8/5/08 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
When I did my car I got an inspection before and after the SVA (in fact the SVA guy did the paperwork and inspection for the DVLA)

The before one was for the chassis number

I think you are going to struggle to get the car legal for the 13th. Even though the SVA guy did the DVLA bit for me, it still took them a week to process that before I could go and get the tax and reg sorted.

Sorry to be so downbeat but the DVLA rush for no one. fingers cross you are successfull

Good Luck

Scott

[Edited on 8/5/08 by phoenix70]

smart51

posted on 8/5/08 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jamestziros
... the DVLA ... They have said ... Get registration doc/tax & shit.

Plenty of the latter, sadly.

I drove to my DVLA inspection. You can to SVA, I thought, so why not. I got pulled by the police on the way home for driving though an ANPR camera with no plates.

The DVLA are full of it. You can drive to an SVA but can't to an inspection after the SVA has been passed. You can't drive to the inspection but mostly they won't come to you either. I'm sure its an arguement that I'll be having with the Birmingham office soon so I don't know the answer.

I would be careful about such a long trip soon after your SVA though. I found one or two things on my car soon after SVA. A few miles on the road loosened a few things.

coozer

posted on 8/5/08 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
Drag the car straight to the DVLA office after the pass with the documents and chance your arm at getting them to inspect it there and then. All going well that should speed things up.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

BenB

posted on 8/5/08 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
IF you go to DVLA Borehamwood (probably your local) they're bloody useless. They took 6 weeks to sort out my registration post SVA....

I'd try somewhere else!!!!

theconrodkid

posted on 8/5/08 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
i had my inspection etc done by boringwood before sva, as Ben says ,they are a bunch of muppets and a phone call with a few well chosen words did seem to give them the hurry up.assume you are going to yeading?ill be there on the 5th (fingers crossed)

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

jamestziros

posted on 8/5/08 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the input guys, I'll try Winbledon maybe
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.