Board logo

First drive of the Aries locoblade
PAUL FISHER - 18/7/12 at 04:53 PM

Went out for a first blast in the car today after finishing all the mods on the car, first decent drive of the car since I bought it over 6 months ago, the car felt great, good to be back on the road in a BEC, thanks to Chris Mason for coming round for the afternoon the other week and diagnosing the cause of my charging fault, and thanks to Andy Bates at AB performance for his advice on the correct dynojet kit, he was spot on, the car goes like a rocket now, nice and smooth with no flat spots, I can't believe the difference its made to the car. cool:

Here's a few pictures of the car out of the garage, just need to get a trackday booked now.

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

fullpint - 18/7/12 at 05:49 PM

Looking good mate. Love those wheels, feel free if you want to swap them for mine
Question; Your rear lights. Are then standard kit car issue? Reason I ask is that my fog light lens and brake light are cracked and I need to source new ones..

Andy D - 18/7/12 at 07:21 PM

quote:

Here's a few pictures of the car out of the garage, just need to get a trackday booked now.

Now you're talking Paul!

It does look smart, I do like that colour.

PAUL FISHER - 18/7/12 at 07:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fullpint
Looking good mate. Love those wheels, feel free if you want to swap them for mine
Question; Your rear lights. Are then standard kit car issue? Reason I ask is that my fog light lens and brake light are cracked and I need to source new ones..

Thanks, The lights are wipac, available from here.

WIPAC NAS Stop/Tail light LandRover Defender 90 Td5 NEW | eBay

They also do fog lights

PAUL FISHER - 18/7/12 at 07:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andy D
quote:

Now you're talking Paul!

It does look smart, I do like that colour.

Thanks Andy, I think I might just do a Cadwell evening session, break myself back in slowly

mad gaz - 18/7/12 at 07:55 PM

Thanks for letting drive your new toy PAUL and the better driven passenger ride, really cool car thanks again pal

zekill - 18/7/12 at 08:14 PM

very beautiful car, i love the Aries Locost, congrats !!

big_l - 18/7/12 at 10:06 PM

looking good mate blyton on the 29th is where its at !!!!

INDY BIRD - 18/7/12 at 10:46 PM

Looking good and Going well, great news finally,

Looks a very tidy car and the wheels look cool,

How does it compare to the other cars then????

Hope it is good if jot better, I like the look of the aries and like the colour ,

Hope it keeps dry so you can get some miles on it,

Catch up soon

PAUL FISHER - 19/7/12 at 11:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mad gaz
Thanks for letting drive your new toy PAUL and the better driven passenger ride, really cool car thanks again pal

I went out and did another 80 miles and a tank of fuel after you had gone gaz, I was enjoying myself though

PAUL FISHER - 19/7/12 at 11:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zekill
very beautiful car, i love the Aries Locost, congrats !!

Thankyou, they are a great value for money bit of kit

maccmike - 19/7/12 at 11:18 AM

looks great mate. like your seats

PAUL FISHER - 19/7/12 at 11:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by INDY BIRD
Looking good and Going well, great news finally,

Looks a very tidy car and the wheels look cool,

How does it compare to the other cars then????

Hope it is good if jot better, I like the look of the aries and like the colour ,

Hope it keeps dry so you can get some miles on it,

Catch up soon

Cheers Sean, it feels like my first 929 blade indy performance wise, less power, but lighter, so you can feel the difference, its more nibble, still working on set up, and will see how it goes on track to really compare, but it feels good, and its fun, thats the main thing

PAUL FISHER - 19/7/12 at 11:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by big_l
looking good mate blyton on the 29th is where its at !!!!

I tend not to do airfield circuits now, they don,t give me the same buzz anymore. But I will pop down to watch and a chat

PAUL FISHER - 19/7/12 at 11:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by maccmike
looks great mate. like your seats

Thanks, I was a bit uncertain about the seats when I first decided on them, but I was trying to give myself as much room as possible, being 6'3" and 16 stone.
They are snug, but hold you well, I was in the car for a good hour last night and they felt great, so they have passed the test