Board logo

HELLO! (750mc Locost Novice)
imagineer - 13/4/12 at 05:17 PM

I've just bought my first Locost - to race in the 750mc series.

Hope to meet you all at Cadwell.

I'm a complete novice; will be cutting my teeth and trying for a licence at Snetterton (our local track).
Looking to start racing in earnest next year, but may get in a race or two later this year (if I have the money.)

All advice and charity welcome.

Cheers,

Andrew

(Redgrave-Racing)

modee - 13/4/12 at 08:06 PM

Hi Andrew. Welcome to Locost racing. I'm sure you will be given all the help and advice you want if you come to Cadwell. I'll be running car no. 56. Maurice.

steveiow - 13/4/12 at 08:16 PM

Hi Andrew! we will be at all the events this year, come find us for a cuppa - car 12, with Procomp Motorsport. I am Steve by the way.

Are you building a car up for racing or have you purchased a pre raced car?

imagineer - 13/4/12 at 08:29 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've bought a pre-raced car, I think it's fully prepared to race (bar removing the head lights).
Collecting it next weekend; will report in when I have the car and some pictures to upload.

Maurice: I look forward to picking your brains and taking a look at your car.

Steve: Do I get a biscuit with the tea?

I've asked on another thread, but where is the best place to look for information on maintaining and tuning the engine and running gear?

Also, do I splash out on a new suit, helmet, gloves, boots, etc. or wait until I'm fully licenced and signed up for a race?
(I have a couple of helmets from riding bikes - not sure if they'll be compliant with race standards.)

ernie - 29/4/12 at 10:34 AM

Have a look at Allied motorsport site to download Locost Novice pack, as compiled by Pointy

imagineer - 29/4/12 at 10:40 AM

Thank mate.